Indoor Gardeners - Aerogarden, anyone?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Don't know if I mentioned it or not, but I grow my herbs in an Aerogarden because it's too darned hot, dry and windy to grow them outside. Not even basil, which likes it HOT, lasts long under my watch. Hmm...I wonder if it's ME?

Well, anyway, last year I invested in an Aerogarden, and it's wonderful. Right now I'm growing dill, tarragon and lemon basil in it, and once the temperature in the house drop into the low 70s (I'm guessing maybe December?), I'm going to plant salad greens in it. I'm very excited for that, just hope it doesn't warm up too fast or that crop won't last very long.

Just wondered if anyone else uses one of these. (They even have catnip seed pods now, but I'm leery of buying them, or I'll never be able to keep the cats off the counter (where the Aerogarden sets)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have one but after checking out the website, I want one!!! Or maybe 2 or 3!!!
They look fabulous.

What one do you have? The short one or the tall one?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I don't have one but after checking out the website, I want one!!! Or maybe 2 or 3!!!
They look fabulous.

What one do you have? The short one or the tall one?
I'm a cheapskate...have the Aero3 (got it for $29.99 after rebate at Ace Hardware!!)

However, now that I have used it, am thinking about getting more, possibly the biggest one (Aerogarden Extra) so I can grow cherry tomatoes all year long.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That looks pretty awesome and perfect for an apartment! I cook with fresh herbs all of the time so that is something I would actually get a lot of use out of; I might just have to get one!