Indoor cat escaped like a bullet. Now I think she's pregnant

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I used a long, low-sided plastic bin such as one might store sweaters in under a bed, but without the lid. Another idea some have used that is excellent is a child’s high-sided play pen. I’m sure others will chime in soon with photos, and I’ll look for one of my pictures to post. 😊

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thebroughfamily

A Family Of Cat Lovers
Kitten
Purraise
Can anyone tell me roughly how long after seeing the kittens move inside their mums belly they are born?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since you know when she got out, no need to guess. If she got out on Feb 24th, and you're sure she didn't get out before that, she's only 51 days along (if she got pregnant the first day). Cat pregnancies are usually 63-67 days so you still have a couple weeks to go.

Thebroughfamily

A Family Of Cat Lovers
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you willowy. I was worrying incase my daughter had let her out another time by accident and not told me as I assumed seeing movements was right at the end.

Thebroughfamily

A Family Of Cat Lovers
Kitten
Purraise
Just to let you know that Callie gave birth to 6 healthy kittens on Thursday evening. Mamma made it look effortless for a first timer. First was born 7:18pm and last was born at 10:45pm. She did everything herself. So proud of her.

Thebroughfamily

A Family Of Cat Lovers
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah daddy was a black cat. There's only two other cats in the village where I live. A black one and a ginger one so it wasn't hard to know that father lol. Mamma is doing amazing.