Independent Cats Been Crying & Needing Petting

JennGracee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im a first time cat owner, i got my kitten in april, as a 1 month old. So shes about 9 months. Shes always been an independent kitten doesnt really like alot of petting or attention. The past two days she been making this whinning sound like shes crying sometimes. & she wants to constantly be petted. Idk whats going on with her but im starting to get worried.

HellsBells80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi there I'm just wondering has she been spayed? Females will sometimes be more affectionate when they are in heat.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She's old for that to have JUST become an issue. Have there been any changes in your home at all (cats are incredibly sensitive to changes in their territory)? Is she eating, drinking, playing and eliminating normally?

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
At nine months old, if she has not yet been spayed, it is highly likely she is in heat. Usually the first doesn’t last very long but unless you want a litter of kittens or to listen to incessant yowling , I would get her spayed as soon as possible.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If she isn't spayed, that is your answer. And although the thought of your cat having surgery can be scary, she will be much happier for it, AND protected against some hormone-driven cancers, as well!