income tax refund?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received my check today!!!!!!! It was almost double what I was expecting!!!!!!
Now I can take care of what I wanted to without feeling guilty!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last year I got over $2,000 back singly, I'm hoping to get AT LEAST that this year. We're also filing jointly this year, hopefully to get a little bit more. H&R Block's tax estimator is telling me I should receive about $1,303 this year filing jointly, but I am not sure how to enter Rob's self-employment-whatever-he-claims stuff and I guesstimated on my income and taxes withheld because my W-2 is in the car. We're going to a tax place to get it done. Last year Rob had to pay $120 to federal, and received a check for $121 from the state

We read something online about 2009's taxes, when we file next year, we should be able to get $8,000 back for purchasing our house at the beginning of this month (and its not a loan like that $7,500 one for 2008's) That surely would be nice.

When we get the return, we'll probably put it away in our money market account. Then we'll either save it to spend on house stuff (driveway, carport, gutters, etc) or put some extra on our mortgage in addition to the extra $200 we already put on each month.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We haven't even started on our taxes this year, but I doubt we'll get much back, and that'll go towards Jamie's prescription cat food, which is really pricey.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ahh you lucky lucky people who get refunds. Since I own my own business I end up oweing...alot. SO I am one of those people that wait to the last minute to do taxes....drives my fiance nuts...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well lets see...so far:

i got a triple aaa premium membership- it includes free tow up to 200 miles wich is perfect for me, now i dont have to worry when i go to dc!

bought the cats a bunch of toys and some food

bought BF a carton of ciggies

payed a stupid speeding ticket

took Sabastian for a vet checkup

got my oil changed and fluids topped

got birth control pills

So far all i got is necessities..id like to treat myself to something but isnt it funny how when you have the money you cant think of anything you want?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just figured out our taxes. Between federal and state, we'll net a refund of about $650. I'll get the federal refund before I wait to pay the state on April 15th. Kansas has the worst tax rates of any of the 4 states that I've lived in. Almost makes me want to move.

We desperately need some roof repairs before the spring rains hit. I'm sure the refund won't cover it all, but it will put a dent in it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Kansas has the worst tax rates of any of the 4 states that I've lived in. Almost makes me want to move.
move here - better weather, NO state income tax!