Inappropriate to wear in public

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I wouldn't be offended by that shirt. Personally I don't use language like that, and I don't necessarily think a shirt like that is in good taste. But I do believe in the freedom of speech and self expression. If he wants to wear a shirt like that in public, he should have the right to do so.
I agree and feel the same way. That is that guy's thing, not mine; I can ignore him since he is most likely doing it for shock value anyway. How boring would it be if we all wore basically the same thing? Also, it is very subjective, what offends one person might not offend the other, even within so called tame clothing.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cococat

Also, it is very subjective, what offends one person might not offend the other, even within so called tame clothing.
True. For example, larger people are encouraged to cover everything up as though their bodies are somehow unsightly. When I see a large person in something I would be afraid to wear (which is most anything), I always tell them they look great.

The crack pants - I am soooo tired of them. I don't want to see anyone's crack no matter the size
I work with a size 2 woman who wears the low cut pants ... yeck. Every time she bends over, there it is!

The really baggy pants the young men wear remind me of shackles. Why would they want to wear something that impedes simple walking? I think it is too funny when they have to hold their pants up with one hand to do anything. Oh my, that is sooooo cool!
Oh baby!

I wish I could be there, 30 years in the future, when they get to explain to their teens how these fashions were the "thing".

Hijack over