Announcement Inappropriate Private Message Spam

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
There is a thread about this in Site Help as well, but in case you miss it, we have a troll attack of unpleasant Private Messages with inappropriate content.
If you receive a conversation from a member you don't recognise, please flag it immediately and we'll get rid of them
We're doing our best to get them before they get to our members.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Strange experience this morning: When I logged on, I saw I had a PM.. Then it suddenly disappeared. Weird... or was it The Site, clearing this troll?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Established members with at least 5 posts should now be able to use the PM system again. Newly registered members are currently blocked from initiating new conversations.
If you find that you can't start a conversation even though you have achieved "kitten" status (requires 5 posts), please post here.

Thank you so much for your support in fighting off those nasty spammers! Much appreciated!

Also, HUGE kudos to our moderators who have been fighting them off and squashing them one by one as they came in.
Thanks to their efforts, most of these vile messages were never viewed by our members.