inappropriate peeing - getting her to pee outside!!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey I appreciate that she's gonna be spayed, but in the mean time.. keep er inside. you don't want a pregnant cat. also, if it's coming out of her anus, that's not a cat in heat. And furthermore, if you wanted cat, and for it to spend time inside, you can't just opt NOT to have a litterbox.. it's not right, and will lead to her peeing innappropriately, especially as a kitten that "has to go". Personally I think that if you can't deal with the box, you shouldn't have the pet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kizzibee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
dear all.

Minnie is fine.
What I saw was due to her being in heat.The vet gave her a full check and found nothing. He got another vet to check and both said it's a normal 'heat' discharge and because her vulva is near her anus, it must have looked liked it was coming from her anus. My mistake.
I've never had a female cat before, all males.

She's a bit sleepy after the neutering but is eating okay and is fine.

My vet says he wishes more cat owners were like me as I always take her straight to the vet or phone if I have any questions. I spoke to him about some of the feelings on this site and all the vets there find it unneccessary to keep a cat indoors alll the time. He said a child could get knocked down too but you don't keep them indoors all the time do you? Cats can learn what's dangerous, just like kids can. He says he finds it funny how so many owners treat cats like children and act so paranoid, when it's a cat's nature to go outside and roam.

My vet rocks.