In the midst of death comes new life.

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd posted twice today in the bridge section as Brillo's momcat, Harriet, had died last week and her daughter, Byrdie, died this morning. A pretty rough time for me as I loved both of those cats very much. This evening I went to my neighbor's to check on her. After a few minutes we went to check on SueEllen, Byrdie's daughter and Brillo's granddaughter, who was heavily pregnant.

She had a newborn kitten in the box with her! I stayed and watched two more be born. I left a few minutes ago as the Momcat was resting, but I know there will be at least one more kitten. All the kittens so far are tabbies, with possibly one blue. I think one at least will be wired, but it's way early to tell for sure.

Anyway, life goes on. that everyone stays healthy through the rest of labor and delivery.

Good night!

Cally

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmom2wires

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are five now. A photo was taken with me and the first baby. I'll have to get my neighbor to send it so I can post.

My cats are going nuts because they can smell the birth fluids on me as I helped keep the first one warm (under my shirt) while the nest was being prepared.

C

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those kittens must be so cute! I've never seen newborn kittens, not in real life, just pictures and t.v.