In pain or just crabby

joie_k

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a female cat that had to have an emergency spay due to her having Pyrometra. She was only about 6 -7 months old. She seemed okay after surgery but in the last few months she is very temperamental with the other cats which she wasn't before. I have her sister and no issues ever with her. Has anyone ever experienced a cat having this surgery? I feel like she has a small lump on her chest and she doesn't like to be picked up. I don't know what to do. I don't have the money to take her to vet right now because I know they will do x-rays and blood work which is not cheap at all. Please any thoughts would be appreciated. I spent slot on her surgery and I'm very attached to her. 16767809976623129044151904989607.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

joie_k

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, welcome! Being spayed is a major procedure that can take quite a few months for everything to settle down, heres a link that breaks it down more. Hope it helps!
Female Cat Behavior After Spaying: What to Expect | Hepper
It helps but it doesn't help. She was spayed about 3 months ago. I just need to get her to a vet. She has swollen belly and sides and doesn't like to have pressure put on her belly and sides. Are there complications that can arise after an emergency spay. When we first noticed something was wrong She had blood and puss coming out of her private area and that's when we took her to emergency vet and they told us it was bad that she needed surgery asap or be put down. We opted for surgery which we are still paying for. I just am at a loss due to financial things right now and my love for her. I don't want her to be in pain. The loss of her right now would be unbearable especially with everything else happening.

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If that was diagnosed, it means she still has pyometra, if the vet didn’t remove all the tissue you shouldn’t have to pay for another operation

Last edited:

joie_k

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

joie_k

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m not a vet, but it pretty similar to what your going through. One thing I noticed on the link was that Vets tend to make this diagnosis later rather than sooner, with this information you have something to start a conversation with.

She’s gone through a lot for for such a young Cat - I really appreciate how much she means to you.

Last edited: