In Labor??

LadyLibra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is my kitty Shadow's second litter. She is 3 years old. She had her first litter last year in May so it been a long time and from what I remember she may be in labor again. I do remember she was very VERY affectionate last year and wouldn't get down off my lap when she went into labor and started pushing while she was on me. I had to run her to her box and she pushed out her first kitten few minutes later. Well yesterday she started doing the same thing. She wouldn't leave my sight and was demanding to sit on my lap and be pet. I gave her 3 spots in our spare room to chose from since it's so quite in there and she picked a corner on the floor I covered with towels and blankets to start digging in last night and couldn't get comfortable, same as last year. She was walking around in circles on the towels and keep digging up the corner to put her behind in but never started pushing. I checked her bottom and it looks like she lost her mucus plug last night. Their was a brownish pink blob just stuck to her bottom. She is too round and big to reach her bottom to clean it so I helped her wipe it away with a wet paper towel. This was around 4 pm yesterday and nothing has changed. She was showing all the signs of going into labor last night, licking her tummy A LOT, pacing, couldn't get comfortable, wouldn't leave her corner all night, and had no interest in food. I really through last night was the night but then we woke up this morning and she is acting totally normal. She started eating walked around the room, wasn't demanding attention. I'm not sure what to think. Today is day 65 after breeding. Last year she had her kittens in day 64. Should I worry?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No worries yet. It sounds like she was experiencing pre-labor. The real thing should be here anytime between now and the next 3 days. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LadyLibra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well never mind. Baby #1 is here!!!!

LadyLibra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Spoke too soon. We have 5 healthy little babies! Mom did great. I was worried how fast she was having them. She would push a new kitten out every 10 minutes but everyone looks great and babies are trying to nurse. Our whole family is super excited!

LadyLibra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
All the kittens look to be black or Calico and blend in but hers my baby and her babies!
IMG_20170712_135239912.jpg
IMG_20170712_135239912.jpg

haleyds

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Possibly blue/dilute babies too? It's so hard to tell at this age haha. Glad they're all healthy and that the birth went smoothly. What kind of cat are they?

LadyLibra

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is a Maine Coon. Dad is blue Smoke. The more they warm up and dry the more they are all starting to look like daddy.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You'll want to take mom's collar off so babies don't get caught in it.

Are you a breeder? Do you have photos of dad too?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Glad it went well and all are healthy. :)

Do you plan to spay mom after this litter weans?