In and out all the time

monti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my cat is called Monty and for the last couple days hes being needing to go out a lot and he always needs it too.

He is 12 years old so im worried please help :)

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Going out a lot to pee and/or poop? If a lot of peeing, it could be a urinary tract issue. If going out to poop but not producing much, it could be constipation. If diarrhea, it could be any number of things. A vet visit is probably in order if this has been going on for a few days without improvement.

kaajaa1221

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm no expert but I do know that animals can be plagued by the same problems we humans have when aging. Vet should be able to help you & Monty in this stage of his life, especially since cat's can live to ripe old ages! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you I will take him to the vets asap

monti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have now found out he is weeing a lot. And I mean a lot! He is trying to wee on the carpets and rugs. What is wrong? Does it need a vets visit?

monti

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you we are taking him Thursday as that is the closest the vet can do. Is it something serious?

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would try to get him in earlier if you can. It sounds like a urinary tract problem which can be more serious in male cats as they can get blocked more easily than female cats due to their anatomy. His frequent peeing and avoiding his normal litterbox are classic symptoms. He associates his normal pee place with pain, so he is trying to avoid it to avoid the pain from peeing. The only time my cat peed on the rug is when she had a urinary tract problem.