Important information on the Wellness Canned Cat Food Voluntary Recall

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just on the chance any of you weren't aware, Wellness kitten food with the same best buy dates was included in this recall.

Regards.

AC

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And of course we were included according to Amazon, but it was food already fed to my cats.... so I couldn't exactly return it.

Luckily it was not their only source of nourishment, and especially now we rotate wet foods every meal using various flavors from different brands so they have some variety.

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

Luckily it was not their only source of nourishment, and especially now we rotate wet foods every meal using various flavors from different brands so they have some variety.
Best (safest) way to feed a commercial diet, in my opinion!

AC

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Well... I'm not sure they're manufactured at the same plants. And as they're different formulas, and the other brands owned by Wellpet weren't affected by the recall, it seems to me that feeding them different brands even if by the same parent company does achieve the goal intended when feeding different brands.

]
Yeah, I guess you're right. After all I feed both Weruva and Soulistic and they are owned by the same company and very likely manufactured in the same plants in Thailand.

Petite Cuisine also is manufactured in Thailand but I haven't been able to find a connection between them and Weruva/soulistic though the PC good looks almost exactly like the Weruva and the Soulistic.

I'm about to add Before Grain to the rotation, gosh I hope it goes over okay, I bought a case each of three different flavors, Petco is having a free shipping on pet food promotion.