IMPORTANT - Downtime Expected - Please Read!

tyler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the lack of response, I've been in NY for this week.

That shouldn't be it. Can she try another browser, with the same issue occurring?

tyler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
vBulletin cuts off how many results can be found, as searching in itself is very resource intensive. You can search for a term, and only by posts by you, if that helps any?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am finding that the Forum search tool does not work as well as it did before the last upgrade.

tyler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hm, odd. I just searched this forum for the term "upgrade", and this thread popped up as several others. What are ya searching for, and where? Are there any error messages?

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tyler

Sorry for the lack of response, I've been in NY for this week.

That shouldn't be it. Can she try another browser, with the same issue occurring?
Actually she is good to go now. She isn't sure what happened but she went home from work the day I originally posted about it and she was just able to log in all of a sudden. Thanks.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

vBulletin cuts off how many results can be found, as searching in itself is very resource intensive. You can search for a term, and only by posts by you, if that helps any?
I think you answered my question about the new search tool above.

I ran into problem looking for "evo" in the health forum.
There has been a lot of discussion about this food but few posts & threads came up when I did a search.

When I searched for Bartholomew's August '05 tribute in The Bridge...
it did not come up with just his name.
Until I chose "advance search" and looked for dates, I could not find it.

Before the upgrade I had no problem finding it with just the name Bartholomew.

tyler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I see that there is an issue with the search, and I believe I know why. What I am going to do is clear the search index, and then rebuild it. While I am rebuilding it, you should try to refrain from searching (even get new posts etc.), please. Otherwise, it'll produce some pretty bad results. This process is going to take a few hours, and I'll post once it has been completed. Sorry for any inconvenience.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

I was just searching for a reply I made a few weeks ago with my own name and specific search words. I knew which thread it was in I just read each page until I found it

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sadly it's going to be awhile
With over a million posts, it can take a bit!
Time I have plenty of, especially while its not me rebuilding a database... thank you for all your hard work, and not making me search the siggy shower thread for the last time I updated the fotki group!

tyler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad you got it working

The database rebuild (way I'm doing it currently), thankfully is automatic. Way it's looking it won't even be done by this evening, may have to let it go all night!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please let us know when we can safely search without messing up the data base.
Thanks for fixing this important tool.