Important Changes - please read!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've just arrived home trying to catch up on the days activities. I feel that a chat room would be a nice addition to TCS. I also think a special TCS sticker is a wonderful idea!
Is this something that will be considered?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know what else might be cool? One of those car window decals...something small, but something that gets our name out there. Something with a simple slogan, like maybe "Meow...TheCatSite.com"

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Just a suggestion, but would it be possible to automatically delete any thread that has been "inactive" for, say, 15, 30 or 60 days on the following forums? The Cat Lounge, New Cats on the Block, Caption This, IMO? A lot of the stuff posted is "old hat" after several days or weeks. There is of course a risk that some topics will turn up again, but that might be beneficial to new members who aren't necessarily going to browse through pages of old threads. Can that be done without changing the "status" (titles and avatars) of active members? I can visualize some people becoming irate if their status is downgraded.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I really like the idea of a sticker
I do, too. It wouldn't have to be a bumper sticker, either - how about one alerting emergency personnel to the presence of pets that we could put in our windows?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the sticker idea. I have a Petfinder sticker and a Alley Cat Allies sticker on my car.

Katie

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

I do, too. It wouldn't have to be a bumper sticker, either - how about one alerting emergency personnel to the presence of pets that we could put in our windows?
Ya or a sticker that says "Hello My Name is _________ , I am a member of The Cat Site" to put on the carriers

Or one that says "TCS cat lives here", like you said, to notify the fire dparatment in case of eemergency.

There are so many different stickers TCS could make.
Maybe we are making this too complicated, maybe just a The Cat Site sticker would be easier to manage for hissy and Anne. Or use just the new slogan that we all voted on, what was that again? I forget which one won?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

Just to clarify - non-paying members will still have their posting rights same as always. We don't plan on any "private forums" for paying members only. The difference will be that paying members will have the option to turn ads off, a much larger PM box and more space available for attachments. They will also be making a significant contribution towards the financial keep of the forums.

As for members from outside the US. You should have no problem paying via Paypal. I have used Paypal several times in the past and had no problem with it whatsoever. People who don't wish to use their CC online can send the money in by check, but of course it will take a bit longer for their payments to be accepted and their paying member status activated. Please don't hesitate to PM me or hissy with any questions about this.

Thank you all!
I just subscribed using Paypal from Germany, and it seems to have worked (Anne, please let me know if it didn't; Visa is sometimes funny about okaying Internet payments). $5 a month is not a huge sum, so I hope there will be a lot of subscribers - just think how much invaluable support and info is made available here!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Looks like it did! Thank you so much for subscribing!

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just sign up as a paying member

Question , how long does it take to show up as a paying member . I really like to download some pics
. It may have bin already said, I did not re read all what was said in here again . Sorry about that

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hedi, if you click on "paid subscriptions", there should be a box at the top with "subscription title", showing your subscription.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks jcat , it does show
. But my attachment for uploading pics has not changed yet
I was hoping I get more space to upload pics

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mine just shows "attachment statistics". Do you have an account at "Photobucket.com", for remote linking? It's free (though donations are appreciated) and very easy to use. After you upload your pictures, all you have to do is double click the "image" line (the third line), and paste it in your post.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Mine just shows "attachment statistics". Do you have an account at "Photobucket.com", for remote linking? It's free (though donations are appreciated) and very easy to use. After you upload your pictures, all you have to do is double click the "image" line (the third line), and paste it in your post.
I don't have a acount with "Photobucket.com
. I may have to look into it , thanks