Impending labour?

amanda jones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum and found this thread via google when I was searching for info on temp drop if cat is about to go into labour. Our cat Rosie is pregnant and today she started acting very strange, loving, meowing, pacing, even letting our 6 month old kitten play fight with her (usually she growls and hisses to make him go away). Today she's following me and the kitten around, meowing, cuddling, purring. We popped her to the vets today to check all was well and her temp was 99.5 which I thought meant she was due v soon? We know she mated on 18th Feb (maybe earlier too) so didn't think she was due for another 2 weeks. The vet said soon as she squeezed her nipples and a little bit of milk did come out. She's also off her food.

Could she be going into labour now? Or is she just nesting and getting ready? I haven't noticed a spot she's chosen and she doesn't like the drawer we're trying to get her to use, lol! Oh, one other thing, she is also trying to pick Jimmy (the 6 month old) up and carry him like he's her baby. So cute! He's almost as big as her though, lol!

Any thoughts? Fingers crossed all you expecting mummies & daddies will have kittens v soon! :)

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
haha bet it took awhile to read through my thread lol and could be any day now its just a waiting game my vet said on the 6th march she was 6 weeks haha she should have had over a week ago now and still no sign she even had jolts yesturday like contractions but no kittens yet but hope urs as them soon and gd luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amanda jones

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm just soooo excited! I bet I will still be waiting weeks like you! haha! Good luck x

lilkim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
haha well hope you dont have to wait long otherwise you probs go insane lmao i kept questioning if she was still pregnant or not because she still aint had them

midfire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i had that 2 lol i had to check with my husband to c if she was lol it be the day u give up on thinging she going to have them lol i id that 2 hrs later she had them