I'mmmm dreaming of a whiiiite Christmasss...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

So jealous
Its 60ºF and raining here in Charleston, SC. I miss snow and white Xmas's so much. I left Jersey 5 years ago and still haven't gotten used to the lack of beautiful snow.
So have you gotten used to the lack of ugly snow a day or two after a storm?

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're in the blizzard zone of the country and we actually woke up to Chicago size snow drifts here. This isn't normal for Kansas City. We won't be able to get the cars out without some serious shoveling. The blizzard warning continues thru 9PM tonight. We're going no further than the neighbor's house (across the street) for breakfast today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I guess I shouldn't have been so blasted happy about the snow. My brother (who is a musician) played a gig over in Southlake last night, and I was on the phone with him as he drove home at 20 mph on icy roads. He said it was a short gig, and he'd only made $274, "So I'm hoping if I get into an accident on the way home, it'll be less than $274 worth."

Then he said, "Oh, that guy's going 'way too fast," and then, "Yup, he lost it..."

And then there was a whump, and then another whump, and then such cussing as I dare not reproduce here. The driver who spun out in front of Noel had gotten crosswise in the road, Noel had hit him, and then another guy had hit Noel from behind. Luckily, it was all at such low speeds that nobody was hurt (the guy behind had his two little girls with him!), and the cars are not too badly damaged.

Also luckily, the driver who caused it knew it was his fault and stayed to acknowledge that to the police officer, so the police report will reflect that.

So nobody was hurt, thank goodness... and the other good news is: in my brother's entire long history with car accidents, this is the first one that wasn't his fault!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh good lord Carol! At least no one was hurt and there wasn't too much damage. My husband laughs at me because I refuse to drive in the snow if I can help it. It's not that I don't know how to handle it....I just don't trust the other idiots out there!

Glad you get to have a white Christmas though.
We have one left over from last weekend...with freezing rain on top today. Fun, fun. At least we can walk to MIL's house for dinner tonight.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

EVE, that is! Here in Dallas, where it was 70 degrees F a couple of days ago, it's...

SNOWING!
would you classify today as a white Christmas? I think it's all melted. But I can vouch that at 12:01 a.m. there was white on the ground so I guess that qualifies!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I woke up to a "White Christmas" but it wasn't snow. It is what I wake up to almost every morning during the winter, a layer of FROST on my car! At least this morning I could wait until the frost melted before I went out. I had to go to the store for a few things I needed. My normal store I go to is closed today so I had to go to Vons. Alas, they did not have any Tim Tams. I wish I could find them here.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's a few white Christmas pictures here - close to 12" overnight & today!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carol - so glad everyone was OK!!!!

Nat - I do not envy you!

...at least everyone around here (pretty much) knows how to drive in snow. It does get hard to get up the rather steep drive to get in here when it's icy though. Our snow is almost all gone - now it's sleeting, and we'll have a nice layer of ice to contend with tomorrow.