Imma Cat Nut

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i'm here because i'm on cat number four and need some advice and general reassurances on new kitty because it's a long unfamiliar process to acclimatize a shy stray. my last stray was best friends with everyone in the household within a week. he loves everyyyone and he was so grateful that we took him in. this kitty is clearly a sweetie but very frightened. I don't tend to go to forums like this because I can't handle the heartbreaking side of the world of cats. i only like happy positive cat things. it just breaks my heart too much.

I have two forest cats (3 if you include the new one. I think he's at least part NFC) and a lynxpoint.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I’m glad you found us! We have a lot of knowledgeable cat lovers here, so you're definitely in the right place for advice about your stray.

Your cats are gorgeous, by the way!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't tend to go to forums like this because I can't handle the heartbreaking side of the world of cats. i only like happy positive cat things. it just breaks my heart too much.
I hope you will become a permanent member of TCS. I think you'll find it's a truly helpful and supportive forum but I'm just a little biased. :wink: We would love to assist you in thinking of names for cat #4. I look forward to your new post. :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I so understand how hard the heartbreaking side of things, but...the forum is so very supportive, and there are many, many fun, lighthearted threads that you can take part in, as well! And, for all the heartbreak of it, sometimes you may have just the answer, just the right words, to help someone through a hard time. It is why we are here, why we stay, we are Community. Together, through both laughter and tears.

What beautiful cats you have! What are their names, please? I know that the top one is the one you want help with naming.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 here is the thread Help Me Name My Fluffy Tuxedo Cat

the top one is meomoto masushi, otherwise known as yow yow (cause he yows. ) lol
the next one is tiberius rex otherwise known as tibby, sh@tbird, princess *he is a he*, teddy and a number of other names.
after that is andromeda. otherwise known as drommie.

the tuxedo is the one who doesn't really have a name yet. although maverick is our current leaning.

ty everyone else in this thread!

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I think we've already met! A big warm welcome to TCS! I haven't seen the Tuxedo guy yet. What a handsome guy! I like the name Maverick actually. I take it he's the shy one? It's kind of hard to tell but he does appear to have the NFC head and muzzle shape.

I mentioned in another post about Manny being a shy cat. The best advice I can give is let him move at his own pace. I push him but not to hard. He's made so much progress and I'm so proud of him. He's perfectly fine inside unless, like I said, someone comes over, then he hides but, at least not under the bed. He usually goes to his cat room and get's in his tree and doesn't seem to stress now. Hopeful one day he come down on his own and visit when company comes. He's now going outside with a harness but I don't use the leash anymore. He gets spooked and takes off running and I'm afraid he'll get hurt if I hang on. He knows the house is his safe spot and always goes to the basement door which I just pull shut without latching it and he knows he can nudge it and open it to go in. He gets better every time we go out. He doesn't get spooked when the neighbors dog barks or he hears the neighbors outside talking any more. The heat pump is near the basement door and loud when it comes on. That's the hurdle he's trying to cross now is getting use to that noise. I cut it off at first but started leaving it on the last couple days. He seems to be getting less frightened of it.

Your guy reminds me of Manny in the pic huddled up in the corner. He was like that at first. Just be patient, shower him with love, constantly praise and reassure him, encourage him to push his boundaries and he'll come around.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere: Your 4 kitties are all gorgeous. :catlove: