Im worried !!!!

gailail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i'm worried as my cat who is in her later stages of preg has produce milk and alot of it.

i have only known cats to produce milk after birth (after eating the afterbirth)

i have looked on net and can't find anything on preg queens producing milk when preg

i worried just incase things have gone wrong because her last litter that was a year ago she didn't produce milk to after i think but i can't be sure

thank you for reading

i hope she gonna be ok as shes my baby

gailail

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you 100% certain that she is, in fact, pregnant and that this is not a false pregnancy? Milk production can and sometimes does occur during a normal pregnancy, but I have seen it happen more often in false pregnancy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes she is as i can see and feel babys moving and vet says she is

carla

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello there, I think it is normal. My cat started producing milk two days before she gave birth. I assume she's quite far on ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gailail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes she is but not sure on date she was with male for about a week

catlover411

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really dont know because my baby is also preggy and in the late stages, but she has not produced any milk yet. I thought that it was like going to happen and it was definite before the birth but I guess not. Thanks for teaching me something! Good Luck and I hope all goes well!