I'm worried about my kitten.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with the new vet.  Hopefully it is just stress from a combination of multiple vaccines and being in heat at such a young age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faythe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I just got back from the vet not too long ago and things seemed to go pretty well. I definitely liked this place better than the old one.

As for Mamma he said she was definitely showing some symptoms of a minor URI but that she should be okay. He gave her an antibiotic shot and a steroid shot and swabbed her ears to make sure there were no mites or signs of infection.

He told me to make sure I get her tested for felv. And just watch her for the next few days and if anything changes to call them.

Also I am so pissed off because when I looked over the vaccine papers again today come to find out these retards gave her 4in1 and felv vaccine not rabbies. So they gave her the felv vaccine with out even testing her first. That is not what I was told or what I asked for. I did not want or need her to have felv vaccine because my cat is felv negative and I do not let her outside and the only time she leaves is to the vet. Ugh. Why would they vaccinate with out testing first. That's what I get for going to a place like that where it is so rushed, like an assembly line of vaccinations.

Anyways, most importantly she is doing good and prognosis is looking good. As soon as we got home and I let her out of the carrier she went straight to the water and started drinking it up. And he said she did not seem to be dehydrated so we will see.

He also told me just to watch her and if she is not 100% back to her normal self to push back her spay appointment for another week just in case. He said we wouldn't want any reaction to the anesthesia if she is not completely better.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear she's doing better and has a good prognosis. It's difficult to trust people in any profession to do their jobs right. It's really unfortunate when it has to do with health care for us or our pets. 

Please keep us updated on her progress!

faythe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But if she was felt positive couldn't vaccinating her for that cause a reaction? And also the package I asked them for included the test but they didn't do it and I didnt even realize until I went to pay because I was very stressed out after standing in line for and hour with her in a carrier with dogs all around me barking at her and scaring her. I have no problem with dogs. But she does.

When I looked at the website again rabbies is only on the cat package but the vet said she is old enough for rabbies at this point. Even the vet told me he does not push felv vaccine for cats that are indoor unless the owner wants it.

And my old vet that I called before I took her to petco said rabbies and distemper. Even my male cat was only vaccinated for rabbies and distemper at the spay clinic and I had to redo his distemper because his old so called mother never got it boostered. So I really was not aware how common it was and I guess I just passed it over as the test when I saw it on the paperwork.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good, I am so glad you found a place you like better & she is doing better! 

Have you called them & told them that they did not do something that was in the package?  I would ask about a partial refund or something. (?) 

From everything you were describing, I would report them to the Better Business Bureau.

faythe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No it was the luv my pet people that go to petco they have four different packages for cats. Two for kittens and two for cats the two for kitten is either with the blood test or without. The only difference in the cat package is they do rabies vaccine vaccine. And no de-worming. I thought they gave rabies no matter what. And I asked them for the package with the blood test. Also It was my fault I did not realize they were giving her the felv vaccine when I saw it on the paper I thought it was the test. But they did not do the test or charge me for it. I didn't realize they did not do it until I went to pay because it was almost 30$ cheaper than I was expecting. And then I realized *** they didn't tell me what her test was. Then I asked about it and he said oh you can just have them do it when you get her booster in a few weeks. But if I had realized they were giving her felv vaccine I would have told them no. The whole thing was a big clusterf**k. There was too many people and animals there all at one time.

shunra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Being when she came from, un known cercumstances, she should have been quarentined, away from Baby, until she could be tested for FIP.
There isn't a test for FIP.  There is one for FCoV, but most cats have been exposed to it so test positive.  There are tests for FeLV and FIV - were those the ones you were thinking of?  Regardless, she should have been quarantened for a couple of weeks incase she had some sort of infection.

Yes, cats can start calling at 4 months though as you say it's likely she is older than that.  At least since she has called you know she wasn't abandoned because she might be pregnant.  Yes she needs spaying asap, but not while she is ill.