I’m worried about my cat...

CatQueries200

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, i feel terrible, my cat is 14 and likes to fall asleep in very annoying places, and I just accidentally stepped on him while trying to go to the loo, it was dark, so I don’t know where I stepped on him, but most likely on his belly...
I’m very scared that due to his age, and his condition (he only has one leg) that I may have hurt him, but I don’t know how to check, or make sure that he is okay...
Please can someone help...
Thank you

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, i feel terrible, my cat is 14 and likes to fall asleep in very annoying places, and I just accidentally stepped on him while trying to go to the loo, it was dark, so I don’t know where I stepped on him, but most likely on his belly...
I’m very scared that due to his age, and his condition (he only has one leg) that I may have hurt him, but I don’t know how to check, or make sure that he is okay...
Please can someone help...
Thank you

How is he acting? Did you step all the way down?

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best to get him checked out. If he’s still up and about you probably didn’t cause internal damage but a vet probably needs to feel all organs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatQueries200

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How is he acting? Did you step all the way down?
He’s asleep and was acting normal, I apologised and he was purring from me stroking him, he didn’t wince or anything when I felt him, and I don’t know, I don’t think so... I couldn’t see, and he got up very quickly so I don’t think so...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatQueries200

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Best to get him checked out. If he’s still up and about you probably didn’t cause internal damage but a vet probably needs to feel all organs.
Yes, that’s a plan, but are the vets open now? And if so, do I need a mask, ect. And will they be open now or should I wait till daytime?

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that’s a plan, but are the vets open now? And if so, do I need a mask, ect. And will they be open now or should I wait till daytime?

Animal Vets have always been considered an "essential" service- so yes- they have always been open. Can you call your vet and find out what the protocol is?

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
He’s asleep and was acting normal, I apologised and he was purring from me stroking him, he didn’t wince or anything when I felt him, and I don’t know, I don’t think so... I couldn’t see, and he got up very quickly so I don’t think so...

I think he will be fine- just continue to observe him.