I'm wanting to adopt a puppy-found a cutie on Petfinder.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, he looks like a sweetie!!
Hope you get him!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sammie5

I hope you get him. He's adorable. And as I learned in Newfoundland this past summer on vacation, Newfie dogs need lots of outdoors space, and the purebred dogs actually prefer to live outdoors. He needs room to roam, and cold weather.
The shelter opened at 8am, and I called several times (getting a busy signal). When I got through at 8:20am, they said he had been adopted this morning! Someone must have been waiting at the doors when they opened!

At least he found a home, where hopefully he is truly wanted.

We do have 4 acres, and while our plan is for a house dog, one reason we want a pup is so we can train him well. Hopefully he will learn to stay in our yard, so he can go out with us whenever we go out. DH wants to train him to go in the truck with him. And of course, any dog we get needs to learn to be good to cats.

I'll start checking Petfinder more often. I really would love to add one more dog to the family, and dh wants something huge but gentle, so a Newf seems like the best bet. And a shelter dog is preferable to me to a rescue dog. Often they add rules like fenced in yard required. Or no kids. Or they only have full grown or purebreds. We just want a great dog to become part of the family.