I'm starting to stress now

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Just tell them you weren't able to finish the bar because you needed more wood for the ark.
Oh that was fabulous!

...and on that note, you might consider running out tomorrow to buy some toy fishing poles as party favors! Laugh the rain away!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you got a break from the rain at the very least today! We had some sunshine peek through this morning, though the storm clouds are gathering now....

for a wonderful party and celebration!!!!! Happy Birthday "Mr. Winchester!"

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought the party was over Memorial Day weekend.

The forecast for here is rain, rain, rain. I think the weaterweenies are just saying that to save face.

I have yet to get my garden tilled so I feel your pain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, it is this coming Saturday! May 28th.

It keeps raining and we keep trying to work around the rain. We did a run of putting up the tent this past Sunday....it went well, but the thing is huge. We'll fit two food tables in there as well as both of the picnic tables with room to spare. Plenty of room for chairs and for people to mingle. Because the frame was such a pain to put together, we kept the frame on the ground in the back yard...all we'll have to do on Saturday is raise it back up and put the tent back together. My brother and BIL are coming early to help as it's just too big for Rick and I to do it alone.

Still working on that darn tiki bar. I have everything stained now, finally....finished that up this past Sunday afternoon. The bottom is together and we have the roof poles installed. Working on the roof now. With the way things are going, we'll probably finish it up around 1:00 this Saturday! I'm not happy with the stain; it's far too orange-y for my liking, so later on, we'll probably do another coat with a darker color. Not now though....we're out of time. But overall, I like it. We're doing some things not on the plan....adding tile to the counter and some edging.

Did my last grocery run last night for dairy products and such. My sister is picking up the cake, the veggie platter and the fruit platter early this Saturday morning. I'm going to the butcher today over lunch to pick up the two pork butt roasts.

A friend from a food board that I post on sent me three packages of Beer Batter Bread mix from Tastefully Simple. I love that mix...it's just perfect for chunking up and using chunks as dippers. Our reps around here aren't selling it anymore. My GF from Georgia said she's still selling it and the package came yesterday! Yay! I'll bake two packages for the party and still have one for later on.

Today (Tuesday) is my last day of work in office. Tomorrow I plan to clean house and then Thursday and Friday I will cook and prepare dishes....the chicken needs to marinate Thursday night for Friday's roasting. My sister and I are decorating the cookies Thursday night, too. Hopefully in between tasks, I'll find time to mow the yard one last time....but it needs to stop raining long enough for grass to dry, too.

We were under a tornado watch last night until after 6:00. The skies opened and we ended up with a gully-washer. No mowing.

Our well tank died over the weekend, so the plumber had to come in yesterday morning and replace that. I'm glad it died now and not this coming weekend! That could have been ugly.

Thank you so much for all your vibes and good wishes! I promise you that I will take pictures! You've been reading about this thing now for weeks and I'll post pictures, if that's OK. Thank you!!! You guys rock!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is so soon! Sounds like fun. Keep us updated.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
zohdee, you were right, my bad! I obviously read it wrong.

BUT... the good news is it WASN'T last weekend - and now your well is fixed! That would have been a bummer!

It sounds like things are moving along well - I'm excited for you!

And yes, we want pictures!