I'm starting to get worried

YouraveragecatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I Found something new.I have started using a comb to look for fleas when I felt something rough on the cat's skin.I checked again with my fingers and I saw what is on the picture below.It seems like a fight wound,as I hear cats fight at night.I always try to check for wounds the next day but I never find any.Until today.Should I be worried.Can it be infected?What should I do.I just don't know what to do right now:(

Attachments

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is that the only mark? Is your cat inside only or does he go out?
Where on his body is the wound?
I wouldn’t clean it with anything.Look for other marks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

YouraveragecatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its a girl,and she's a stray.I do hear cats fight outside,but so far this is the only mark I see.The mark is on the top of her head.Here is a better image

Attachments

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks like she has some hair loss near it. Is there flakey dry skin around it? Does she have fleas? Any way you can keep her inside?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

YouraveragecatLover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she has hair loss and fleas.I try my best to remove fleas with A flea comb,but she licks herself raw.My parents won't let me bring her inside and even if I could she hasn't gotten used to being inside and Gets scared.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you can get a dose of Revolution on her that would be great. Regular Revolution, not Revolution plus. It is prescription only but if in the US a vet can prescribe without seeing the cat if the cat is feral.