I'm sorry but I need to vent

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The surgeon basically creates a small pouch in the upper stomach and bands the opening to a narrow margin. This creates a "new stomach" that needs only a little food to make you feel full. You eat seveal times a day, but really tiny amounts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badhabit

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I know what sheleela is talking about. I've only heard it being called "stapling your stomach". I don't know much about it but I've heard horror stories like once you have it done you can't eat anymore than a small hamburger because you're stomach is the size of a golfball..... But then again that's hearsay so we all know what that means..........

You're supposed to eat several small meals a day anyhow. I guess it's healthier for your digestive system and it speeds up your metabolizism. I try to eat every 2 hours after I had several articles about that and I lost 25 pounds!! I wish more people were aware of that rather than starving themselves. I used to not eat breakfest or lunch and then eat dinner and would feel guilty if I ate something "naughty". I lost 15 pounds that way but then gained it right back.

Maybe I should bring a veggie plater so there's a healthy choice here..... Anyone for some vegtables and dip??

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Hissy!! I thought maybe that's what it was, but wasn't sure. I saw a show on the health channel about two women who had that done..and it worked really well for them...
Shaleela....you have lost 132 lbs already?? WAY TO GO!!! That is GREAT!!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is the same surgery Carnie Wilson had - it is different from stomach stapling. She lost over 100 pounds and looks great!

shaleela35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have and I feel great I posted a picture with some of my kitties the other day and If I had the nerve I would post the one from 2000 when I had it done but It is disgusting. I am so disgusted by the way I used to look but am much happier with myself now. I have also heard the horror stories and it is not as bad as it is made out to be believe me. I was 392 pounds and now down to 259 so I feel great really, I am trying for another few pounds anyway.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think that is great!!!!! You deserve a big hug!! That is awesome that you have lost so much weight!!!

shaleela35

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you so much, I am working really hard at it. I have a treadmill that I use twice a day for about 5 to 10 minutes each time. Depending on what my knee will take, I have a anterior cruciate ligament that is severed in my right knee. It is the main ligaments that cross + in the knee, you knee them to prevent you from falling and I only have the one that makes the - the other part of the cross is severed, so I do what my knee allows and then I also walk and take care of the cats. I can eat about 2 tablespoons at a time that is it, and I don't drink at the same time cause it will make me throw up, I found that out the hard way, I was so thirsty one day and I had to have a drink and it came up faster than it went down. I love taking care of the cats though, they make the time go by so fast. Today we took all the kittens that are old enough outside for some fresh air and right now I have the door wide open for them, while they are in their cages so that they can get some fresh air. I am afraid to let them all out cause they will run away, but I am thinking about taking my kennel and putting a top on it and letting them out in there, they would love it. That is an idea I think I will do that tomorrow. That way they can run around and get all the fresh air they need.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badhabit

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea!! Congradulations Shaleela!! I'm so glad you feel better not only physically but mentally. Big pat on the back for you!!