ashleyjade

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eupnea

http://www.mycathatesyou.com/cats/2005/12/37

hehe. I LOL'd.
ROFL! So did I.

I'm sure that the majority of those cats are just candid shots. I know that a lot of the picture that I take of my cats look like they're scared, because the flash makes them blink, and they are usually mid action, so the movements look funny. I'm sure there are one or two in there that aren't being treated propperly, but i bet the majority of them are just candid shots. There are more people out there that love and respect animals, than beat them. I really doubt that the owner of that site would risk the animal rights people coming after him (or her) by advocating obvious abuse.

-Jade

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the pic link posted looked like a lion cut persian just doing a wink..or not likeing the flash...Lilly does it ALL the time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sailfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fwam and CommonOddity,
I Accept the peoples concencis that there is nothing wrong with the photo's at the site. Some of the pics scare me I guess. But I do know this for a fact. If more poeple questioned abuse of both animals ans children... whether it actually existed or not... there would be a lot a very thankfull amimals. Less children abused and found in shallow graves. I was just challenged in a jurry pool selection in a case where an individual was molesting children as young as 4 for the last 18 years. I wonder if someone over reacted with their suspicions a lot trama could have been prevented? It is my opinion that if you think there is something wrong... Speak up. The world would be a better place.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by Sailfish

Fwam and CommonOddity,
I Accept the peoples concencis that there is nothing wrong with the photo's at the site. Some of the pics scare me I guess. But I do know this for a fact. If more poeple questioned abuse of both animals ans children... whether it actually existed or not... there would be a lot a very thankfull amimals. Less children abused and found in shallow graves. I was just challenged in a jurry pool selection in a case where an individual was molesting children as young as 4 for the last 18 years. I wonder if someone over reacted with their suspicions a lot trama could have been prevented? It is my opinion that if you think there is something wrong... Speak up. The world would be a better place.
Don't worry about being concerned theres nothing wrong with it. You did the right thing in coming here to get the opinion of people who know about cats before you acted on your feelings.
Thats not overreacting at all. And I agree, most people who have suspiscions about abuse etc say nothing because they think they could be overreacting.
Don't worry about it.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd agree with the majority of a lion-cut persian, but is it possible that he's come form somewhere with really badly matted fur? Sometimes if the matts are too bad they have to shave them and wait for it to grow back in...... They tend to look grumpy all the time those cats!

There's nothing to be sorry for, you acted on your gut instinct and your love for cats
That's something to be proud of, I think. The fact that you shared it with us is important. It shows how much you care, it shows that you were willing to look for the other opinions and also that you value them. I agree, some of the pictures do look a little dodgy, but I don't think it's anything abusive. Some of them are a little bit scary to see. What it looks like to me is a bunch of people who do actually love their cats and have tried to tkae nice photos of them, but have had them come out a little different to how they'd expect, because of a yawn, a stretch or a peculiar lighting condition

And by the way, I'd hate people if I had a haircut like that too.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's good to get a second opinion on stuff like that. I think most of the shots are just candid shots, but I did see a few that looked kinda scary. However, sometimes cats are just like that with no provocation from humans. My sister's cat Claire hates everyone but my sister. She'll walk by you and hiss at you just so you know where you stand
, and if you're really lucky you get a bite on the ankle.