I’m so scared for my Cookie

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all. I’m an emotional wreck. I just had to put my cat Sunny down 2 weeks ago. Now Cookie is at the emergency vet. She’s been lethargic and not eating starting yesterday. When I brought her to her regular vet, she had a fever of 106.3 which is organ damaging high. He did blood work and she has low white blood cells. I’m currently at the emergency vet and she’s retesting for leukemia. She’s still a baby and I don’t want to lose her. I fostered her as a bottle baby and I love her so much. I’m just so scared. She’s such a character, she kneads on my face and lays on me which helps me sleep. She has a favorite toy and races when she hears it.

Attachments

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For now, set aside your fear and clear your head. Cookie needs you to be here in the now to comfort her. If you don't set aside your fear, Cookie will pick up on that and increase her anxiety. If you don't clear your head, it'll be more difficult to make the decisions that need to be made. If your'e calm and present, Cookie will know everything is going to be ok and be comforted.

Cookie trusts you to do what's best. Get yourself centered so you can. You can let go once the situation is resolved.

We're here for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For now, set aside your fear and clear your head. Cookie needs you to be here in the now to comfort her. If you don't set aside your fear, Cookie will pick up on that and increase her anxiety. If you don't clear your head, it'll be more difficult to make the decisions that need to be made. If your'e calm and present, Cookie will know everything is going to be ok and be comforted.

Cookie trusts you to do what's best. Get yourself centered so you can. You can let go once the situation is resolved.

We're here for you.
Thank you for your encouragement. She’s inside with the vet and I’m in the car. I can’t lose her, I won’t be able to handle it.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your encouragement. She’s inside with the vet and I’m in the car. I can’t lose her, I won’t be able to handle it.
Yes you will. But there's no profit in worrying about that right now. It ain't about you, it's about Cookie. :petcat:

So, wipe the snot from your eyes and the tears from your nose. Stay focused on doing what's best for Cookie.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes you will. But there's no profit in worrying about that right now. It ain't about you, it's about Cookie. :petcat:

So, wipe the snot from your eyes and the tears from your nose. Stay focused on doing what's best for Cookie.
Thank you. You’re right.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please keep us posted. We are all pulling for Cookie, who is a little beauty, to come through this.
Thank you. She is being admitted. They retested her for fiv, heart worm, and leukemia all negative. She’s getting a pathologist to look at her extensive bloodwork. They’re going to continue fluid therapy and cooling her.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She’s also on antibiotics to help her fight through this. I asked the vet if I should prepare for the worst and she said that it all depends on how Cookie responds to everything.

She’s one hell of a fighter. Her regular vet said that usually he sees 106 fever in a comatose cat. She also fought when I gave her fluids this morning and when he was checking her temperature.
I believe in her.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry Cookie isn't feeling well. She's an absolutely gorgeous kitty. :lovecat: Sending special thoughts with lots and lots of healing vibes her way. :vibes::vibes::vibes:Best of luck, please keep us updated when you can.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's very possible that she's been in mourning and the stress of losing her companion has caused an infection. I hope that's all it is and that she responds well to the treatment.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry Cookie isn't feeling well. She's an absolutely gorgeous kitty. :lovecat: Sending special thoughts with lots and lots of healing vibes her way. :vibes::vibes::vibes:Best of luck, please keep us updated when you can.
Thank you.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's very possible that she's been in mourning and the stress of losing her companion has caused an infection. I hope that's all it is and that she responds well to the treatment.
Thank you. I hope so too.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may have picked up an infection from the needle used for the fluid therapy. Make sure it is sterile. Her white blood cell count should be high though with an infection. My little boy has leukemia and got VERY sick, just like this until I made him, his mom, and brother strictly inside cats. I also give them all DMG to build up their immune system (wouldn't hurt) and LifeGodl, a supplement for cancers, He is fine two years later!
My heart breaks for what you are going through. Dear God, please save this little girl, she needs healing and strength. May God help her.......

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She may have picked up an infection from the needle used for the fluid therapy. Make sure it is sterile. Her white blood cell count should be high though with an infection. My little boy has leukemia and got VERY sick, just like this until I made him, his mom, and brother strictly inside cats. I also give them all DMG to build up their immune system (wouldn't hurt) and LifeGodl, a supplement for cancers, He is fine two years later!
My heart breaks for what you are going through. Dear God, please save this little girl, she needs healing and strength. May God help her.......
I used a new needle for her. All my cats are indoors too. Thank you for the recommendations in supplements and your kind words.

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet just called.
She might have pneumonia but it’s unusual for a cat so young
He said she’s not on oxygen right now
Her white blood cells are still low and some red blood cells too
He’s saying something about bone marrow but not today or tomorrow type thing
Her fever is down
He was asking about Covid from us
He said he’s not saying she has Covid but we can’t know because Covid is still new
With the holiday and weekend some blood work isn’t available
He wants a blood doctor to take a look at her bloodwork

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You have a plan of action now, despite how hard this is, so try to sort through the recommendations and see what you want to do.
Thank you. She’s going to stay another night. She’s responding to the iv antibiotics so hopefully she continues to get better. The vet seemed so confused about what’s going on with her which makes me nervous. She hasn’t eaten anything.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Is the ER vet still the one doing most of her care? They brought in a pathologist? Can you get her to a specialty clinic or internal medicine vet or have the ER vet consult with one?

Mochiandme

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is the ER vet still the one doing most of her care? They brought in a pathologist? Can you get her to a specialty clinic or internal medicine vet or have the ER vet consult with one?
She was admitted to the hospital. I don’t think it’s an er vet but like a regular vet who keeps her stable? They’re getting a pathologist but with the holiday, there isn’t one available.