Im so PO!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JellyBella

Poor babies!!
I think the same mindset that thinks you must declaw to preemptively protect your furnature thinks it's also ok to bring two little lives into your home and then up and move

Of course, whenever we have these declaw discussions, I still come down to the question why do US vets still do this???
I've found that most vets here seem to care about the money more than the animals. I am fortunate to have one that isn't like that. He's awesome.

Originally Posted by arie85

"They were returned because his new girlfriend was allergic" - I say that's irony, don't you think?
I'd say it was probably the new girlfriend that was behind the declaw too. Then she decided she didn't like them and said "oh, honey, I'm allergic, you're going to have to get rid of them". I can see someone I'm dating telling that about my cats. Basically the answer is.. yeah, they make shots for that. Oh, you don't like cats? Then I guess you'll be dating/marrying/seeing someone else. I'd be darned if I'd get rid of a cat because someone I was seeing decided for some reason they won't live with it.

Originally Posted by Fostermomm

Yeah I think he just got tired of having them around or maybe she just doesnt like cats. He seemed perfect.
It was probably her.

Oh, and you could probably get an animal advocate to take the case pro bono. You'd just have to do some looking. (And it may not be possible, but it'd make me mad enough to go on a search)

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ugh... I'm so sorry for them, but hope they get adopted by a great family.
Or person, LOL.

As for the vets... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry! Those poor babies! I think the rescue should file a suit, because if not then, to me, the contract seems to be useless.

If anyone I was dating suggested I get rid of my cats, HE'D be gone; "You know what, honey? They were here first and they're still going to be here after you leave! Bye!"

Tricia

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

I think what has been mentioned before with that people with the mindset that declawing is OK are also more likely to return cats. Just because people who declaw usually do it because they value their time and furniture more than they do the cats.
That does seem to be true