I'm so Furious I could scream....

diane8704

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Heres the thing: I dont know what state you live in, but here in Virginia we have a "right-to-hire-and-fire" law. Meaning, a company doesnt necessarily have to have a legit reason to fire you. However, I have to agree with you....no boss should yell at you. Period. And in some states, especially if he has over 50 employees, thats considered harrassment, and he can be sued, right or wrong. I think everyone, including Hissy, had some pretty valid points. You told him he was toeing the line when he raised his voice to you, and he told you to go home. I would go in and try to talk to him about it.
I had a similar situation where my boss yelled at me in a meeting in front of my co-workers without any provocation. I told him privately, that would be the last time he ever did that to me. It was humilitating and professionally degrading.
My husband doesnt yell at me, and neither will a boss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went in on my own time this morning and talked with my boss.

The first thing I asked him was could we discuss the problem without him screaming at me. He said that we could I sat and listened to what he had to say before saying a word. He told me what had set him off and also that it was partly my fault but the other part was due to a bank error. I wasn't totaly to blame for the error in sending the client the balances in their account. Now I am one that can admit when I am wrong with no problem. I just didn't feel wrong in this matter. We talked for about an hour and I went on to work a full day with no problems.

My boss and I also discussed my medical problem in depth as to what is going on with me. Not only has the gremlin been in a nasty mood lately I have passed 17 small kidney stones in a 4 week time frame. Yep a lot of pain there too on top of the gremlin acting up. I went to see my urologist today and he is referring me to Emory Hospital in Atlanta Georgia. Hope they can help me a little more than my present uro has.

I had already discussed this with my boss about the possiablity of going to Emory and he agreed that it would be a good idea. Yes I will have to take some time off for that. But since I haven't actually taken a vacation in 3 years that will be part of my vacation time for the trip to Atlanta.

Thanks to everyone for the support and advice given. You guys are all gems

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1

It seems to me your health is the real problem here. I hope you can get that resolved so that you feel better and can go to work and feel like doing a job. I don't know what exactly you are dealing with, but I hope first of all that you soon feel better.
It must be hard to go to work feeling lousy every day. Is your boss aware of all that you are dealing with as far as your health issues are concerned. It seems to me if he does, maybe he would be a little more tolerable.
Thank you for that. Sadly my problem there is no cure for, we just have to find the correct treatment to make me comfortable and human when I am in severe pain.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have heard good things about that hospital, my sister lives in Atlanta. I am glad you are getting help for your health issues- those gremlins can be tiresome-

blondiecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I have heard good things about that hospital, my sister lives in Atlanta. I am glad you are getting help for your health issues- those gremlins can be tiresome-
Thanks Mary Anne
Boy you got that right about the gremlin being tiresome
I do hope that Emory can help me better than Shands did. Don't get me wrong Shands is a wonderful hospital but the doctor I was seeing there was looking in the wrong direction for answers to my problem.

As far as I know right now Ken will be taking off work to go with me. It is a 4-5 hour drive one way from my home. It really seems like the doctor listens to what I am telling them with him in the room and he can also give his input. Just keep your fingers crossed.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cathi,

I am sorry that you are going through some tough times. I quit my job last month after 17 yrs. I cannot begin to name all the stuff I have gone through in the last few years under his supervision. If you work if wearing on you heavily, then it affects your health and you need to decide if you want to continue working under those conditions. You do have a choice. You can choose not to work there.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Cathi,

I am sorry that you are going through some tough times. I quit my job last month after 17 yrs. I cannot begin to name all the stuff I have gone through in the last few years under his supervision. If you work if wearing on you heavily, then it affects your health and you need to decide if you want to continue working under those conditions. You do have a choice. You can choose not to work there.
I also quit my job of 10 years because it was starting to affect my health. Best decision I ever made.