I'm so excited!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When they lay eggs we will be wanting nestcam - 24 hours - you do realise this don't you

Yes - they look like blue tits. We have lots of different species of tit bird here in the UK. My favourite is one that is not very common but we're lucky enough to have a colony of 13 that live near our garden. They are called Long-tailed Tits and are very tiny with......you guessed it.....long tails!!! http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:3...led+tits&hl=en

Also on a birdie theme - one of our hens has been egg-sitting since Saturday. We're keeping our fingers crossed that we might have fluffy yellow chicks in a couple of weeks!!

loubelia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh how sweet and fun/interesting!! Enjoy watching for me, I'd love to have something like that happen at my house someday.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I"ve been watching the birdie make her nest all day. She brings little twigs and fluff, puts it in, then sits in it, wiggling her butt, seeing if it fits, and then flys off again! I did take some pics, hopefully they come out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Candie, this is the best pic I could get yesterday. I will try again today. The mother bird flew away everytime I went to the window to take a pic! LOL

I'll get her though!

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Robins are how I found The Cat Site! Last year we had a pair hatch and raise two chicks in a tree in our back yard. One day one fell out of the nest and I did an internet search and found all of you WONDERFUL PEOPLE! Enjoy your birdies. Ours chose to build somewhere else this year.