I'm so embarrassed!

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Okay this is kind of unrelated...but It's so weird, I have to tell you guys..

My friends kitten who is about 10 weeks old...ALWAYS purrs...she even purrs at the vet when the vet is taking her temperature...she just purrs away even though there is a foreign object fishing around her behind...

Tell me that isn't a freak kitten
HAHAHAHAHAHA that is funny

Miss Mew dont be down you are a great Meowmy

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't feel bad, my RB cat, BC had to have a cat muzzle put on and was handled with thick leather gloves by the techs for his yearly exams and vaccs.
Sydney sounds tame by comparison.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raphael has to be put under anesthesia to so much have his nails trimmed, so I feel your pain.

This is after he full-on attacked my vet in full-yowl mode, causing the vet to bleed and swell. If he wasn't such a tremendous vet, I would have never shown my face or his again in there! And THEN, when the vet was done, he had the nerve to PURR AND SIT IN THE VET'S LAP. Cats. Who needs 'em?

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one suggestion - not sure if it will help...I've had several people say that putting a harness on a cat has the effect - sometimes - of rendering them immobilized. Maybe you could at least try fitting a harness on her to see if she will keel over in complete limpness!??

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I have one suggestion - not sure if it will help...I've had several people say that putting a harness on a cat has the effect - sometimes - of rendering them immobilized. Maybe you could at least try fitting a harness on her to see if she will keel over in complete limpness!??
That's an idea - some cats do turn into "boneless kitties" in a harness.
I use a harness just to keep Jamie somewhat under control at the vets' office. One of his brothers is so bad that his owner (who has four others, and is very conscientious) has simply given up on yearly exams and boosters.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckily my vet is an old country vet because Tavia nails him every time and she usually pees on him too she hates going to the vets. And she yowls the whole way there and back and we usually have to open the window because of the cat pee smell. And then she hides for like a day and a half from me. I have to spend half the day hunting her down prior to the vet visit. Because she hates it so much.