I'm so bad!!!

timestreason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Eileen, I do have to thank you once again for sharing things like this with us. You really do show us the "human" side of nuns that we don't always get to see. I remember going to catechism as a child and being terrified of the nuns and to this day get nervous when I see a nun in her habit. You have really broken some of the stereotypes for me.
Haha, the order my sister had joined (Dominican Sisters of Nashville) kind of scandalized a family friend (who's daughter had joined a year before my sister) because they played soccer and ultimate frisby in the mud with their nice clean white floor length habits...

Elicon, what order are in you (out of curiosity)?

Oh, and my sister LOVES George Clooney...geez...
(however, I must admit he's kind of cute :p
)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i get so curious and one of my questions might be kind of awquard...

When a nun gets... hot? how does she not get frustrated?
Do you drink some kind of holy water that makes you think the other way?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Trust you to ask the tough questions, Susan!
I know
Where i come from were not known for sitting on the fence if anythings to be said

Originally Posted by eilcon

I have to thank all of you for being so understanding and giving me the chance to talk about these kinds of things. I could talk about it with our Sisters, but most of them are older than me by at least 20 years, so sometimes it's hard for them to relate to what I'm going through. And, my family and friends aren't really comfortable with it either.
Hey thats what were all here for Eileen

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I don't think there is a magic potion for it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm an Ursuline.

Awww, Fran, you're such a sweetie! Trust you to ask a tough question too! I've had the students ask me this when I talk to them about religious life.

It helps me alot to just talk about what I'm feeling (like now!). Also, I have
some very positive, close relationships with people (male and female) and have a very happy, fulfilling life, so that keeps my mind off what I can't have (most of the time!)

And, there's my George Clooney calendar, displayed in a prominent place right over my desk!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Someone show me where the nearest rock is so i can crawl under it

Oh good grief Fran i knew you would come up trumps!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This thread has taken an interesting turn! Should we talk about underwear now?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is somewhat like being married to a man, isn't it? Just because I love and adore my husband, it doesn't mean I will never see another attractive man. Nothing wrong with noticing "God's handiwork"! LOL! But just don't dwell on those physical thoughts, or fan the flames!

Of course, being married to a man is easier, because we have an outlet for all those feelings. But yours is such a wonderful calling. I admire you for taking your vows seriously, but remaining human and approachable at the same time.

My advice is use your cats for all the loving and cuddling you need! I have a calendar of beautiful outdoor photographs...with Psalms listed. For this month it has Psalm 4:1 Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me the relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. Maybe we should trade calendars?!?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I think it is somewhat like being married to a man, isn't it? Just because I love and adore my husband, it doesn't mean I will never see another attractive man. Nothing wrong with noticing "God's handiwork"! LOL! But just don't dwell on those physical thoughts, or fan the flames!

Of course, being married to a man is easier, because we have an outlet for all those feelings. But yours is such a wonderful calling. I admire you for taking your vows seriously, but remaining human and approachable at the same time.

My advice is use your cats for all the loving and cuddling you need! I have a calendar of beautiful outdoor photographs...with Psalms listed. For this month it has Psalm 4:1 Answer me when I call to you, O my righteous God. Give me the relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. Maybe we should trade calendars?!?
You're right. It's fine to look and that doesn't have to detract from the committment whether it's marriage or religious life. In fact, I think it can give it more meaning because you appreciate what you have. Thanks for such a nice compliment.
Of course, cuddling with my kitties helps too. Thanks to them, I don't lack affection!
Your calendar would probably be more appropriate hanging over my desk, but I can't give up George!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Someone show me where the nearest rock is so i can crawl under it

Oh good grief Fran i knew you would come up trumps!
now now, dont wet your pants :p

Because I am catholic I actually believed for a minute that maybe.... if i took some holy water from the church i might not get so frisky as i dont have a partner

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Because I am catholic I actually believed for a minute that maybe.... if i took some holy water from the church i might not get so frisky as i dont have a partner

Why don't you try it and let us know if it works!

Hmmm, "Nuns Gone Wild" - could be the next Emmy winning reality series!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
this is a great thread!
all you have to do is remember how much of a pain in the rear guys are Eileen! they're not even worth it most of time
Fernando, huh? now that's a sexy name!

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry but I cracked up after reading that! I think Ryan Seacrest is cute too!
I don't want to undermine anything you believe in, but I think it's natural for anyone to have those kinds of thoughts!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Coming home tonight on the train i was thinking of this thread and started grinning
Now i'm cracking up here the cats are looking at me like i've lost the plot!

Eileen you've started a corker of a thread!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, leave it to Fran to find a way to sneak naughty talk in on a nun's thread! Lol! Eileen, As an artist, I find that I'm always trying to recreate god's artwork- It's like a 5 year old trying to do a rembrandt. It's a part of his creation that we admire his work so- He's given you the gift to do so. Just don't touch the artwork!!

aries

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I, too, have no man in my life and feel that this may be the path God has choosen for me. I have wrestled with this very issue.

I believe that what God has created is beautiful in all its many forms and admire the views as well as anyone else. But I know when it goes over the line and I feel guilty enough to repent that I need to have my mind on more important things.

I have to say though that over the years that God has lifted a lot of this burden from me and it isn't the battle that it once was. I don't know how old you are or how long you have been following this path, but time is a great balancer.

A few fine examples of God's work: Sean Connery, Harrision Ford, Gavan O'Herlihy, Orlando Bloom, Vladimir Kulich, etc.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had AM Idol on last night but I didn't look at the TV screen much-now I have to tonite. Remind me of when my sis and I were in our early 20's. There was a new priest at church-turns out he was a twin who was also a priest. My sis became great friends with them-went running together, stopping over and visiting- I was thinking oh man way are such nice guys priests!!! I wanted to have one of then perform my marriage ceremony-mom didn't think it would look appropriate as it might have seemed we all were "too friendly". I think I should have said something to her-oh well!!!