I'm sick of summer!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't had the ability to enjoy any of my summer, so for me, we may as well have just skipped over June, July & August completely.

I can't handle the cold, and New England winter weather can get pretty harsh, especially right on the ocean.

I actually wish summer could get extended this year. Life is SO short, that it really stinks that I haven't been able to actually have any fun at all this year.

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Is that all? The last week of July we were having Humidex temperatures up to 127 degrees Farenheit! And I don't have air conditioning
Oh my gosh! Bless your heart!
I was going to complain about the heat and humidity (I save all my complaining for summer....never in the winter....and I tell all my winter-complaining friends and family that) ....but NO AIR CONDITIONG IN YOUR KIND OF HEAT???? Well, I guess I can`t bring myself to complain too much!
When we were young, my hubby always wanted us to move to Alaska and I did`nt want to go. Now it`s too late cause all our kids and grandkids are established here. (We should have gone!!!!)
Linda

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Is that all? The last week of July we were having Humidex temperatures up to 127 degrees Farenheit! And I don't have air conditioning
I know! I couldn't believe how hot the Prairies have been the last little while! I have been feeling for you guys. Have you been getting a lot of thunderstorms due to the weather?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was 11 degrees when I woke up this morning. And I'm living in North Carolina now, not Massachusetts!

Funny thing is, though...I have been outside a few times this morning in my bathrobe and slippers, and although there is ice all over my front storm door, it really didn't feel all that cold to me.

I think it's because the sun is shining and it isn't windy. So I'm not really complaining, but...I think I'll be happy once it starts to hit at least 80 degrees out again.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It HAS been in the mid to upper 80's the past couple of weeks, and will remain that warm until Tues or Weds, then it's supposed to cool down to the 70's and then burr next weekend it's supposed to get down right cold in the 60's, and I'm not looking foward to that. They say rain will be on the way.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, we do like to complain about the weather a lot, don't we? Not just a favourite pastime of Canadians then.
I have a friend from Guatemala who's family makes fun of him when he calls home and starts talking about thw weather. Apparently it just doesn't make for atopic of conversation in warmer climes!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
this threat proves it!! We're like our cats...impossible to please!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, we're on the other side of the jet stream right now, and our temps are going to be in the 60s all week!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Are you surviving down there? I wonder what it will be like when I come down next month!
It has cooled down but it is lovely!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My sister went downto Christchurch for a couple of weeks and got a break from Welly's infamous weather.
One day down there it reached 39C on the car's outside temp display! Everyone was too hot and bothered to do much.
I just cannot imagine going outside right now and being warm.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

My sister went downto Christchurch for a couple of weeks and got a break from Welly's infamous weather.
One day down there it reached 39C on the car's outside temp display! Everyone was too hot and bothered to do much.
I just cannot imagine going outside right now and being warm.
Ahh so she was here a couple of weeks ago then?