I'm shaking - I'm so mad - nasty kids

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd have called the police.

I also would blame the parents. Even if kids are influenced by TV, movies, etc. their parents should be monitoring what they watch.

Those kids' parents should have known/cared where their kids are!

bakearama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have noticed this too, and I completely agree with all of you; kids these days are so rude and disresectful. I feel kind of strange saying this because I am a highschool student.
Some of my class mates though are terrible. I myself refuse to swear in public and would never even think about swearing like that at an adult. Not all of us kids are like that but there are some who are giving us a bad reputation. Not all of us cuss like sailors, dress like prostitutes or treat adults like moldy cheese. I understand that you are upset about this I just wanted to point out that we don't all need to be whacked upside the head.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel sorry for parents today. How can they instill discipline in their kids if they aren't allowed to touch them? I mean sending a 3 year old for a "time out" to "think" about what she did wrong. The child forgets what she did wrong by the time she sits down. A swat on the butt would make a better impression, but parents aren't allow to do that anymore. To me, that isn't a "beating" it is "correction". It's what I grew up with. I only got spanked twice in my life, but that threat was always there and I KNEW that. There is a big difference between a few open handed slaps to the butt, and beating with a belt. But, now police apparently aren't allowed to make that distinction. And, truthfully, what I remember upset me the most wasn't the spanking, it was that Mom was upset enough with me to carry out the threat (and, believe me...I deserved it!
)

How can parents teach their children to respect adults and authority figures when everything in the media (TV, movies, music, news) say that they are the victums and society is at fault for what they do? I'm not saying that some parents don't instill values or respect in their children...amazingly some do manage to do it. And, I am amazed! My one friend's daughter was taught to call me "Miss Hope". That just floored me! I was so impressed! And, the fact that I was impressed is sad.

Sorry, I just had to vent, yet again.

I would have called his father first, then called the cops if the father didn't want to come over and take responsibility.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My daughters are 3 and 4 yrs old and they have more respect drilled into their little toes than those kids had in their whole bodies. My daughters have been trained to call everyone they meet mr and mrs, they do have acceptions to that rule for certain people. They also say thank you and your welcome for everything...I was not the best kid growing up and learned from my mistakes that with my girls I wanted them to grow up with respect for adults...If they are bad they get a "flop on the butt", and they know now that when mommy or daddy say its flopping time they are being bad and stop whatever they are doing right away. If those kids were mine, Id be sending them in a line to David for a floppin on the butt big time. He would rearrange their attitudes in no time.
On Sat when I was outside planting flowers a lady that just moved in down the block has three sons and the youngest was maybe 18 mths old if that. She was outside screaming and yelling obsenties at her kids. I know that I have a potty mouth but around my kids its a diff story. I dont want them repeating that stuff. After about 20 minutes of listening to her yell and scream at those boys I couldnt take it anymore. The littlest one was bawling like Ive never heard a kid cry before. I walked over to her and asked her how in the world she can yell at those kids like that. She was just like they are being *$$holes today. I got P.O. big time at this point and was like well if they are being that bad Ill take them over to my house for an hour and give you a break. I brought those boys over and they played like angels with Maddi and Katy had spaghetti for dinner and sherbert afterwards. They were the best behaved little boys with some attention. When I took those boys back home I told her if she ever has a problem again with them to come knock on my door and Ill watch them for a bit. If she continues to treat them like that Im worried they will end up turning into the hoodlums like we have running around our block breaking into cars and peoples houses stealing stuff. Atleast they are getting a break and able to act like kids and have fun when I have them over.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Do the little gremlins live there Ann or are they on holiday?. I'm taking it their brits by the way they spoke to you
Shamefully they are Brits and they live here unfortunately
his Dad owns a bar and he lets the kid work in the food bar, he wont go to school - so you can tell what sort of Dad he is - the kid is horrible, he's always kicking about up to no good - after they left the pool they were messing about on a fork-lift truck that had been left for a job
he'll come unstuck and something nasty will happen to him.

We've stopped going to their bar, but once the police came about his son, he'd been seen with some others running along the rafters of a new petrol station - the father denied it and made out he couldn't understand the police

Originally Posted by Pami

I wouldnt listen to that little boob telling you his Father wouldnt care, keep your word and tell his Father anyway. Let them know you mean business or they will be back again.
We walked to the bar last night and told his Dad, we know he's not interested in his sons behaviour, so we were making out we were bothered about the kids safety etc....but all he could be bothered to say was 'well he'll learn....maybe' So in this case I think we can safely say the parents are very much part of the blame too !

If they come again, I'll ring the police, I don't need that sort of stuff, but I will also take photos of them in there for extra proof.

minxie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to read about this incident Ann...its a sad state of affairs the way some kids can be these days.

You did the right thing telling the father...even thought the father himself is as irresponsible as his son!

Taking pics and keeping a log book (times/dates/what was said/actions) is a very good idea. Gives the Police something to work with.

By the way, who's land is it that the kids are trespassing on? The owner could/should put a sign up warning against trespassers and damage to his/her property caused by potential louts.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing children do these days surprises me, I work at a kindergarden/day care. In the afternoon, we have school age kids come, some of them are the worst behaved children, and it is the parents fault. Some of the kids are good kids and they behave and mind when they are told to quit doing something.

The others are a different story, they don't listen, they talk back to the teachers, they do whatever they feel like doing.

We can't spank at our day care, we hafta use time out. Time outs do not work for these kids. When I am working with this group and they disobey me, I make them write lines for me. I do not let them play inside and I do not let them watch tv. I make them write lines and it has to be neat too.

Parents need to start raising their children.