im scared....again

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm seeing this post just today. Re the original post, I agree with the others that you will need to look at the cat's body language and also pay attention to your dog's body language at the time. The cat was most likely paying attention to the dog, and if she wasn't being a threat, the kitty may have very well been trying to follow you home.
AS far as the missing food goes, it may be that there is a dog close by who's figured out that there's cat food set out. I help care for a feral colony outside of Denny's, which is next to a motel - it is amazing how many dog owners are walking their dogs & don't even realize that the dog has run over to the cats' food & wolfs it up

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The dogs are a potential I didn't think of. But it could also be these are strays, not feral cats for the most part, and they haven't necessarily reverted to the "nocturnal" thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
well. i already have it planned to charge my camera and my next day off set it up in the woods - with I guess plastic wrapped around it for protection.

I HAVE TO KNOW. this is driving me crazy. I just need ot make sure Im feeding cats and when so I can work out a different schedule if i need to

Ill post what i find out !!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

m935

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didnt get to put the camera out yet...

but he did something strange again this morning- thanks to you guys i wasnt scared this time.

He came out of no where to an area the cats usually arent seen. My dog was in a wooded area and he actually started to walk over to her. He meowed a few times. As mentioned I was just concerned with my dog lunging toward him and getting an eye scratched out. So with the cat being friendly - i still have to be careful of my aggressively friendly dog.....

He followed us home again too - but I came out quickly with the food and he followed me back to the woods.

My concerns are my front door is close enough to the road and there is a parking lot that he walks through to follow me. I dont like that at all...

any tips especially on how to keep my dog from going crazy (i know this is a cat forum). Wanting to play comes before listening to my commands.