I'm ready to kill someone

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's one thing I don't understand. You have no phone line yet you're online, so I assume you have cable or satalite or *something*. So how are you expected to call 911 if there is an emergency in your home??? *He* gets the cell phone but you don't? He dictates if you can call a vet or not? By what right can he do this and you allow it?

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your hubby sounds like a control freak. Does he like to sleep indoors? Does he have a tent? Maybe put it on the porch for him and let your kitty sleep in his spot for the night while her toe is healing, ya know...just to teach him a lesson.

portdevoix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephenq

There's one thing I don't understand. You have no phone line yet you're online, so I assume you have cable or satalite or *something*. So how are you expected to call 911 if there is an emergency in your home??? *He* gets the cell phone but you don't? He dictates if you can call a vet or not? By what right can he do this and you allow it?
Sounds like a situation ripe for abuse to me. First, abuse of the animals. Not too far off, the two-legged companions as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zanniesmom

Umm, I hope you meant the pediatrician. If not, I am glad you don't have kids, too!
Becky
lol... I guess I was still mad I didn't even notice I said vet! LOL

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stephenq

I did clarify, we have a cell phone. Yes we do have cable net. We won't have a land phone because it just isn't worth it to us. At the time I posted the original post I was very angry with him, and obviously not explaining myself well. We have a cell phone, but he is a delivery driver, and keeps it on him while he is working. It always comes in handy while he is at work.

It was mostly him just being a butthead that morning that really made me mad. He doesn't exactly dictate my life. I have been with controling men, and when my hubby says he doesn't want me to call the vet, I take it to mean an absolute NO. He later told me where the phone was, and told me if I was that concerned to call her. Wich I did. I just keep expecting him to be like my exbf's. I project their bad behavior on to him, and take what he says to mean what they meant.

ANyway... to update:

Mystyc saw the vet today, who didn't charge me a penny. Shade was being dropped off to be fixed.......

Mystyc's toe is infected. It doesn't look too bad. But it doesn't look good. The vet said that it didn't look serious enough to need oral meds. But I should hotsoak it, and put neosporin on it. Just like she told me over the phone. So, we were both right. It's not NOTHING, but it isn't SERIOUS! I am glad I didn't worry about her toe for nothing. It's looking a slight bit better then the first day I noticed, but not a whole lot different.

She's still grounded to inside until her toe looks better.

Poor calico. She was rolling around on the floor meowing. She wanted out so bad. She made it sound like she was dying. It's horrible she thinks. She can't go out. Poor girl.

My Styc saw the vet
I feel better. My world is all back in order.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

Your hubby sounds like a control freak. Does he like to sleep indoors? Does he have a tent? Maybe put it on the porch for him and let your kitty sleep in his spot for the night while her toe is healing, ya know...just to teach him a lesson.
He isn't a control freak. He just stresses over stupid stuff. Throws a fit, then feels bad later. He's stubborn like a lot of people out there, and so am I. Equally stubborn, wich breeds really good arguments.

If you wanna be technical, I am the control freak of the house. I like things to be the way I want them. Things put away. I don't like my computer area messed with. I like my girls treated respectfully. I am especially picky about them being outside. The only one is Mystyc. She's demanding. We keep her in when it's really cold, rainy, and night time.

She dashed out while my brother (a musician playing with 2 bands and making good money doing it) was moving his stack(that is what he calls it) out. He needed it for a gig. He said that was about 1pm. He said he tried to grab her before they left, but she went under the house. I came home on my break about 2:30 or so. She must have still been under the house, because she didn't come running when we got there.When we left about 3:45 so I could get back to work, she didn't come running. We got home from work about 7:15 or so. We didn't see her outside then either. It was dark though. Getting colder too. At this point I didn't know she was outside. My lilbro came home from practice, left his stack there. He came in and told us Mystyc had been out 7 hours. He got home about 8. She came in with him. He was dropped off by the same people that picked him up... maybe she was listening for THAT truck? I looked her over just like I did Myth when I got her in after she escaped durring a wind storm right before we had three days where it snowed endlessly. She stayed under the house.

But she saw the vet. She's fine, just an infected toe. Not that infected toe isn't anything to worry about, it's not as bad as I imagined it to be. Hubby things I over react to everything. I think he under reacts. There is always that chance that something small can become something big without attention. He thinks I shouldn't sweat the small stuff... If that makes sense? In the end I almost always get my way.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm glad you & your hubby get along better than I thought.
I'm also glad your vet isn't charging you and your kitty is staying inside for now. Prayers for Mystyc.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I'm glad you & your hubby get along better than I thought.
I'm also glad your vet isn't charging you and your kitty is staying inside for now. Prayers for Mystyc.
Me too, thankyou. My main anger was his refusing to keep her inside at least so it would be easier to keep an eye on it. Or keep it from getting injured more.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyRage

Me too, thankyou. My main anger was his refusing to keep her inside at least so it would be easier to keep an eye on it. Or keep it from getting injured more.
Of course - You're the Mommy!

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Of course - You're the Mommy!
Yeah, and she's the independant one who doesn't nead a mommy!! LOL... That's Mystyc.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought I'd post that her toe is growing fur back. Swelling is down, and looking good.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If mine every did this to me..I would lock him outside put the cat on his side of the bed and let that be that..but he knows i would......do that..so he wouldnt even try to cross me on my critters

millyanddaisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MyRage said:
Hubby things I over react to everything. I think he under reacts. There is always that chance that something small can become something big without attention. He thinks I shouldn't sweat the small stuff...
I'm on your side on this one. It's so easy for a tiny problem to escalate, especially in our dear pets. I'm so glad your cat is on the mend, you must have been very worried.

Sue

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

If mine every did this to me..I would lock him outside put the cat on his side of the bed and let that be that..but he knows i would......do that..so he wouldnt even try to cross me on my critters
And I thought I was the only one who thought this way!!!!!!!!
Mine knows better then to cross me and my animals too. He knows what I say with them, goes, PERIOD! FOr example:
He had a friend over one night and Rocket decided to be his friendly self and jump in the guys lap for pettings. Well, right in FRONT of me, this guy(it was the first time the guy had ever been here mind you) SMACKS Rocket off his lap!
I just about bit through my lip and keep both hands behind my back in order to not say or do anything stupid. When the guy left however, I laid into Brad saying that he was NEVER welcome in the house again, Brad thought I was over reacting but he has never been here since! ( smart husband don't you think??)

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

And I thought I was the only one who thought this way!!!!!!!!
Mine knows better then to cross me and my animals too. He knows what I say with them, goes, PERIOD! FOr example:
He had a friend over one night and Rocket decided to be his friendly self and jump in the guys lap for pettings. Well, right in FRONT of me, this guy(it was the first time the guy had ever been here mind you) SMACKS Rocket off his lap!
I just about bit through my lip and keep both hands behind my back in order to not say or do anything stupid. When the guy left however, I laid into Brad saying that he was NEVER welcome in the house again, Brad thought I was over reacting but he has never been here since! ( smart husband don't you think??)
Grrrrr....
If you don't want my cats on your lap, stay on the porch! I wouldn't have been able to let that one slide. I would have slapped that guy right off my couch.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jugen

Well, right in FRONT of me, this guy(it was the first time the guy had ever been here mind you) SMACKS Rocket off his lap!
I would not stand for that. I don't think I could have kept my mouth shut. My broinlaw shoved Mystyc off our couch once... She is a very... touchy cat. She's a calico. If she wants to be left alone, she will let you know. She'll turn her head, or she'll growl. If you keep messing with her, even petting her, she will snap at ya. If you try more, (Like some men do, they hate having a cat get pissy with them) she WILL lay into you with claws, and teeth. Broinlaw was telling me that Styc liked him. He could pet her all he wanted... see... she got him!! He shoved her off the couch, and when he did, she hit my entertainment center. The couch and the EC was only about 2 feet away (moving). I flew!!!!!!!! I completely FREAKED OUT! I laid into him, My claws were out, I think I was drooling. Yeah. He has never ever done that (at least while I was around) since.

I am sure they worked it out, because he now LOVES her. She sleeps with him, sleeps on his bed while he's gone. She sits in his lap when ever she can. He'll sit there and pet her, and she loves it. He claims her as his cat. He tells people now that she only wants petted when she asks for it. He also tells them to leave her alone if she doesn't want attention. LOL He was a cat hater.

That was the first time in a long long time that he tried to override my taking a girl to the vet. I don't think he'll try again the next time though. I get so worked up when it comes to my girls. I've said time and time again, they must respect the girls. PERIOD! If one of them goes, I go right with. I don't care, my girls come first. I'm guilty of pulling out the old 'my cats and me can find a new place to live if you don't like it this way' card on him a few times.

Mystyc got to go outside to day. She's in such a great mood tonight. It's so nice having my nonpissy Mystyc back.