I'm now rude and obnoxious...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Up until a couple weeks ago I only had a pay-as-you-go phone that I used all of one week out of the year when I was out of state and they removed all of the pay phones from the place where we go. I actually got an iPhone...not for the phone but for the extra stuff it has. However, I did give the number to my family members and I'm really glad I did since my sister was able to get ahold of me right away when Grandpa passed away. I never had my other phone on, but this one is always on me and turned on. I'm glad I got it, if for no other reason than I was able to get that one phone call.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't use mine a whole lot-ok it is nice to have it to call others about potential Christmas presents. I give it to Neil esp if he goes to the farm up north by himself as there really is only one house fairly close by in case of a emergency.

wyatturpsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rude people are going to be rude whether or not thay have a cellphone. I have one because I, too, live alone. Until about 3 years ago I had a very simple, cheap service, just for emergencies. After I lost my job and was working for the WORST place ever, I upped my service because I was looking for another job. It has come in handy. One day my friend, who was driving, and I saw a metal box on the freeway and I called the Highway Patrol in hopes it could be removed before an accident. They are very handy for emergencies and long distance.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rude and obnoxious just because you got a cell phone?
Not quite! I don't see you as being that! The title did get my attention

Enjoy your new cell. You are very smart to not give that number to your work. My work abuses my cell number. Some places you work give you a cell phone (leash) so they can keep tabs all the time and communicate with you 24/7.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I used the phone for 29 seconds this morning to call a cab while at Safeway. This evening at work I was looking for my pen and noticed that my phone was in pieces in my purse. Evidently the guy didn't put it together very well yesterday when I got it. I tried putting it together, and even dug out the instruction pamphlet, but while I think I have the parts in right, it's completely dead.

I have to go to another mall on Monday and there is another phone centre there so I'm taking it there for them to look at it.

I should have expected this. I've never once bought anything electric that has worked from the get go without a problem. Every electronic item I've ever bought has had some problem upon removal from the box, early or late in the warranty period or right after the warranty expires. It never fails.