I'm not sure if my cat's pregnant or not

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Awww ... Precious! No, three is perfect for a first litter. How is mama doing? Are you planning to spay her after the kittens are weaned?

Are they all nursing well?

:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alicenyans

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww ... Precious! No, three is perfect for a first litter. How is mama doing? Are you planning to spay her after the kittens are weaned?

Are they all nursing well?

Ahh. Alright.

The Mum's doing great. She looks after the kittens all the time. And i keep checking on them every hour or so. And the kittens really loud. I could hear them from downstairs. Is that normal? :0

am planning to spay the Mum after 9 weeks of the delivery. At least, Willowy  said that i should wait for about 9 months. So i'm kinda doing that.

The only problem is that i have a neutered male cat (Yes, Before he was neutered, He banged her in the heat. It was kinda planned?). And i'm really confused about this but everytime He gets near the kittens, The Mum gets angry/nervous/she stares at the little guy intensely. And sometimes growls. So today she basically left the box i gave to her and moved to under one of the couches. So i put a blanket under the kittens and left it like that.

But then again, The moving was probably because it's hella hot. The window was open and under the couch was cool for some reason. So i closed the windows and opened the AC. Hopefully they're okay. @_@

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If the mom doesnt want him there, dont let him be there!  Obey the mom in this case.  Biological father or not.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'd keep the male away from mama and the kittens for now since it upsets her. She is just protecting her kittens. Glad you put on the a/c. Spaying at 8 to 9 weeks is fine.

The kittens should not normally be crying all the time if mom is nursing them well. Can you tell if they are getting bigger or have round tummies after nursing? To make sure they are gaining weight you can weigh them daily on a kitchen scale. But they must nurse every two hours at this age. Thank you for reporting!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alicenyans

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

If the mom doesnt want him there, dont let him be there!  Obey the mom in this case.  Biological father or not.
Ahh. Gotcha.
I'd keep the male away from mama and the kittens for now since it upsets her. She is just protecting her kittens. Glad you put on the a/c. Spaying at 8 to 9 weeks is fine.

The kittens should not normally be crying all the time if mom is nursing them well. Can you tell if they are getting bigger or have round tummies after nursing? To make sure they are gaining weight you can weigh them daily on a kitchen scale. But they must nurse every two hours at this age. Thank you for reporting!
I'm currently keeping the male away from the kittens. She still doesn't want to move away from under the couch so i kinda left her there. The ac is still on for the night so I keep checking on them every now and then to see if the ac would make under the couch too cold or something. So far it's still cool and everyone's pleased with the weather.

Ahh, I was just commenting about how surprisingly loud the kittens are. :D I've never had any baby animals (less than one month old) so i'm trying to get used to it. They're so cute. I hope i'm a good owner. The kittens never whine unless they wake up and never find the mom near them. Or if they're hungry. So that's probably once to three times a day when you can hear them yell for something. The Mum nurses them well. She gets up and run as fast as possible to be near them.