I'm New With New Cats Too

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I adopted Maisie and Remy two weeks ago. I've had cats most of my life and after putting my beloved Willow "Willie" to sleep in August after an unexpected and quickly-progressed cancer diagnosis, I waited 6 months to adopt again because I knew I was going to be moving. I also needed time to grieve because I had had Willie for 17 years, which was over half my life and she was my baby. Remy is about a year old and super sweet and playful. Maisie is very shy and had been hiding the last two weeks, but I wanted her because she's been in foster care for 2 years and I needed to give her a chance. I also find it hilarious how in every picture Maisie just looks mad, but that's just her face.
Maisie
FB_IMG_1520728421657.jpg

Remy is done with me reading.
FB_IMG_1520728406465.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and (official) welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: It's nice to put faces to the kitty names from your other thread. :)

Maisie and Remy are both gorgeous. :catlove: I hope Maisie gets over her shyness, and that she and Remy become best buds. :catrub:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here. I’m sorry to hear about Willie. :alright: It’s wonderful that you were able to open your heart and home to Maisie and Remy. Give them a hug for me. :catrub:

See you around!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
D581B513-FC36-4FCC-97EC-C7F557A7021D.jpeg
Mona, Maisie and Remi, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
A57B6F57-0321-485B-94C3-9FEC40D9D0F2.gif
to all of you.

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Maisie and Remi are gorgeous! Do post more photos of them.
And we are so
94E79F06-A8CA-430D-94EB-BEBCDD6E1E7A.gif
to hear about Willow :alright: If you are ready, you may want to pay a tribute to Willow here in Crossing the Bridge

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm sorry about Willie. It's so hard to lose them when they've been such a big part of our lives for so long. :ohwell:

That was so good of you to take in Maisie to give her a chance at a happy home. I hope she comes out of her shell. She's so cute. And so is Remy.

Welcome to TCS! :hithere:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some cats just look mad. My boy Jack always looks that way,but he is a sweetheart.

Thanks for bringing those beauties home! Post more "mad" pics of Maisie,those crack me up!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Willie. You did the right thing in adopting Maisie and Remy.