I'm new here & I hope yall can help! :)

nawal90

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey yall I'm new here and the reason I joined was to see if you could help me figure out what breed my Bailey is! He just turned 7 years old, I've had him since he was about 2 months.

I remember being told that he's part Persian, and part something else on account that he's a big cat. 

He weighs around 6 kilos at the moment and he's quite strong -even for me & my dad-

This is Bailey, I really hope yall can help me! :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Technically he is a moggie. But I think I agree with Caroline it the other thread. Think off part Ragdoll or part Ragamuffin than Persian.  so very possible he is not just a little look alike. With his size and looks he is perhaps half-mix.

I dont see clearly, does he have a little of the "masque" / point which ragdolls have?  although a mix will prob lose the mask, as the gene is recessive.

Welcome to our Forums!

Good luck!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say part Persian is plausible. The skull shape and specially the high forehead and the wider than average nose are making me think of a possible Persian/Exotic mix. He's a bit smaller than my British Longhair male, and they are just a bit larger than Persians, so the size would fit too.

He's not a colorpoint, in the third pic it looks like he has 'white' undercoat.. I'd say he's cream or cream tabby, or if the undercoat really is 'white', a (pale) red or cream silver tabby.

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
part Persian does seem quite possible with the head shape.

Cream tabby or  I think maybe Cream Cameo.

He looks somewhat like my aunt's cream tabby Persian who was born in the 1950s. 

Just not possible to tell for sure what else might be in him, and it may be no other specific breed but " Domestic Longhair" . since the great majority of cats are not a breed,  they have just bred randomly on their own.