I'm new here but I hate cats.

lolliegoth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Let me know if am doing anything wrong. I have no idea about social forums.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi bartenderagogo bartenderagogo
:welcomesign: to TCS,great to meet you
I immediately knew what was coming when I saw the Title of your Intro- my mother HATED cats with a passion until she met my boy Cheech( rip- together 19 yrs)

Like you and many other cat haters,my Mom couldn't understand why these awful creatures gravitated to her like a magnet as she despised them- I told her why,her body language and refusal to make eye contact,it's an invitation- lol

Now armed with knowledge she stared my boy right in the eye and to top it off Cheech was such a Mommas boy he didn't leave my side so he wasn't interested in making friends to begin with- so he completely ignored her and was always either on my shoulder or lap so she asked me if she could touch his paw( polydactyl) - I said sure as his arms were hanging over my shoulder - well Everytime she touched his paw he'd draw it in and move to my other shoulder- she could not stop laughing that this cat wanted no part of her.....

Anyway,she fell madly in love with him and said if she had only known how wonderful they are she would have had cats all her life

I love your story, Michael Cats certainly do choose their person- you are very Blessed Michael chose you- congrats,hes the best friend you could ever have❤❤❤

Glad you've joined the rest of us nuts!

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Having a pet when you have depression is a life saver (at least for me). Love and they don't judge. You get out of bed for them and go home for them. Just love and snuggs. Makes me remember why we live. Chin up - it will get better.
Mine are the only reason I don’t end my life some days.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m the same with dogs, I used to be scared of dogs as a child but now I love them, so I can sort of relate to you! Cats have a particularly special way of choosing you. Welcome! :biggrin:

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are the only reason I don’t end my life some days.
Many years ago a psychologist I was seeing for depression asked if I'd ever thought of suicide. I said no, because I have two cats I love and whose welfare I am responsible for. Psychologist said "You have reason to live."

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO, the reason most people who don't like cats is because they don't understand them. Cats seem quirky because of their awkward position in the food chain and the evolutionary circle of life.

Some animals (pets) are closer to the top of the pyramid, such as dogs. Others are closer to the bottom, such as rabbits and guinea pigs. Few animals are in the middle of the pyramid the way cats are. Dogs mostly prey on other animals. Rabbits are mostly preyed-upon. Cats prey upon other, smaller animals at the same time they are preyed upon, themselves, by larger animals. This predator-prey contradictions is what drives a large part of a cat's behavior.

Cats can seem distant and aloof at one moment, friendly and loving at another moment but mean and aggressive at the next. Until a person gets the chance to understand how cats behave and why, it's easy to write them off as "evil."

Experience tells me that most people who claim that they don't like cats end up liking them, at least a little, once they have the chance to be around them and get used to the way they behave.

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Many years ago a psychologist I was seeing for depression asked if I'd ever thought of suicide. I said no, because I have two cats I love and whose welfare I am responsible for. Psychologist said "You have reason to live."
I won’t lie… I have manic depression and some days I’m high and happy, but when it gets bad… it gets really bad… sometimes I do still consider it…like when my mom calls me a stupid failure because I made a mistake… or just on very bad days. But, most days, they make me glad I’m still here.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I won’t lie… I have manic depression and some days I’m high and happy, but when it gets bad… it gets really bad… sometimes I do still consider it…like when my mom calls me a stupid failure because I made a mistake… or just on very bad days. But, most days, they make me glad I’m still here.
:hugs:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: :dance:

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have emotional unstable personality disorder, my only reason for staying is cats ❤

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well what I think you HAVE is a delightful personality,a heart of gold and a whole Lotta love to give- here's some for you to receive:itslove:
I don't miss behave on here, or I try not to anyways

I respect the staff here so I wouldn't deliberately do anything wrong during a flare up, I tend to avoid logging in when I know I'm going to blow up

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
…like when my mom calls me a stupid failure because I made a mistake…
Casper's Girl-Human went through a lot of that kind of trouble. It makes it hard for a person to see themselves objectively. Having a cat helps because cats don't judge the way people often do.

Isn't there a saying: "Try to be the kind of person your cat thinks you are." ;) ;) ;)

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Casper's Girl-Human went through a lot of that kind of trouble. It makes it hard for a person to see themselves objectively. Having a cat helps because cats don't judge the way people often do.

Isn't there a saying: "Try to be the kind of person your cat thinks you are." ;) ;) ;)
Willow thinks I'm a meanie when I take either her or Tigger to the vet, she thinks the vet's only job is to make hurties with needles :catrub: just cause vets want to do hurties

Tigger thinks the sun shins out of everyone's butt - she would even try making best friends with Hitler himself if he walked in (I'm not joking) she's such a loving girlie :catrub::heartshape:

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Casper hates it when the vet takes his temperature! :eek:
Willow hates everything about going to the vet, she gets nippy as soon as vet hands get too near her :heartshape:

edit: she's at her worst when she has HER TEDDY in the carrier, she gets so protective of him :heartshape:

"MY TEDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited: