I'm new here but I hate cats.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Casper hides in the cabinet under the sink when he goes to the vet. She just grabs him, pulls him out and puts him up on the exam table.

He tolerates all the regular stuff but he’s got a perineal hernia which makes his hind end sensitive to touch. On one occasion he went aggro on the vet tech when she touched him back there.

Casper is such a sweet cat. We were so surprised when he turned on the tech!

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Casper's Girl-Human went through a lot of that kind of trouble. It makes it hard for a person to see themselves objectively. Having a cat helps because cats don't judge the way people often do.

Isn't there a saying: "Try to be the kind of person your cat thinks you are." ;) ;) ;)
My cat thinks I hung the moon. She follows me around and clings to me and gives me kitty kisses. In fact, she’s cuddling behind me now.

Cat McCannon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I won’t lie… I have manic depression and some days I’m high and happy, but when it gets bad… it gets really bad… sometimes I do still consider it…like when my mom calls me a stupid failure because I made a mistake… or just on very bad days. But, most days, they make me glad I’m still here.
Tell your mother to get stuffed. It’s the cowards who do nothing who never make mistakes. Keep being like the man in the arena

IMG_8353.jpeg

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Casper hides in the cabinet under the sink when he goes to the vet. She just grabs him, pulls him out and puts him up on the exam table.

He tolerates all the regular stuff but he’s got a perineal hernia which makes his hind end sensitive to touch. On one occasion he went aggro on the vet tech when she touched him back there.

Casper is such a sweet cat. We were so surprised when he turned on the tech!
The things you learn on TCS! I’d never even heard of a perineal hernia. Poor Caspar! Can it be fixed?

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Casper has a little tear in the muscle around his anus which makes it hard for him to go to the bathroom. Apparently he's had it since we got him. He was rescued from outdoors so only God knows what happened.

Yes, it can be fixed but it requires an operation that would cost $4,000 - $5,000. Sorry...that ain't gonna' happen. :(

Instead, we put Miralax in his food which makes it easier for him to go. We also have a prescription of Cisapride on hand.
Cisapride makes muscle contractions inside the colon get stronger so that it's easier for him to make a deposit.

We try to keep Casper eating mainly wet/canned food but he's an old stick in the mud who wants his Cat Chow. That's "his" food and, if he doesn't have it, he gets insecure. There's a bowl of Cat Chow available at all times. We just have to make sure that Casper gets plenty of water along with his food. He likes to play in the bathtub and drink from the dripping faucet so we know he's getting what he needs.

Plus, we've got the vet on speed dial so, if he gets stopped up, we can rush him right in. It's been a couple-few years since he was diagnosed and he seems to be all right. We just need to check his litter box every day. If he doesn't leave a deposit, we up his dose of Miralax and give him a Cisapride.

So far, so good! :thumbsup:

Dewey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You don't hate cats. You have there actions.