I'm new, and I'm not sure what kind of cat I have... help?

paradigm619

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I am sharing an apartment with one of my friends. He lived here over the summer while I was living back home in Massachusetts. While I was gone, he found a stray cat and brought it home. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what breeds of cat they see in him. I posted a link to some pictures below, let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

http://www.sweepinghalo.com/pics/kitty

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitty has coloring similar to that of a Russian Blue, but since he is not a purebred Russian Blue, he would be classified as a Domestic Short Hair (DSH for short) Blue.
Whatever he is, he's adorable!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yep Olly pegged it- hopefully he is neutered?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

paradigm619

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the reply. After looking at some pictures, he definitely shares some resemblance to the Russian Blue breed. Thanks!

And Hissy.... he has an appointment to go to the vet tomorrow for that very reason.

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS

Your boy is beautiful, does he have a name?

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the site!
He is one gorgeous cat!
I see it didn't take him long to make himself at home
Sending mega vibes for a fast neuter recovery and please come back and let us know how he is doing once he gets home !

Please click on my user name and send a private msg if you need help with anything !

christine eva

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi to you too! I also am new here. Loved the photos of your cute kitten. We had a beautiful cat named 'Smokey'. He was partly long haired like yours. The only difference was that ours had huge green eyes. Think he was part long haired and part Russian Blue.

Noticed you had entitled one of your photos 'Hitchcock'. How about that for his name? It suits him as he is curious and obviously likes to 'solve' mysteries (like checking out those fascinating boxes and anything else that catches his fancy! LOL!)

Good luck with the 'oppo'. Let us know how he gets along. -- Great pics.!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
what a gorgeous blue boy! here are some websites that help with names, if you're having trouble... don't let the name of the first one fool ya!
Bowwow
NewPet
Petrix

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Paradigm619
- we're so happy to welcome you and your kitty to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions