kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I don't mind laundry.
.. It's dishes I hate
Same here!
Im actually allergic to dishwashing detergent so I try to avoid it - its murder on my skin!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why does everyone hate doing dishes? I don't mind doing them at all. I have a dishwasher but the only time I use it really is if I've not been feeling well and have had to let my dishes go 2 days before washing them, or when I have someone over for dinner and I have more dishes than usual. Otherwise I just wash them in the sink every night.

I used to know a girl who hated doing dishes and if she did them on a monthly basis she was doing good. She literally went out and bought new dishes and pots when she ran out of clean stuff at home!!!

One day she called me in a panic because she was moving and someone was coming to view her apartment the next day. She asked if I could come over and help her tidy up. I had never been there prior to that. OMG!!!!!!!!!! I've never seen so many dishes. She even had moldy food in pots that she had cooked and never put away and just left to sit and rot.

And she was surprised when I found cockroaches scrurring around in her kitchen!

It took her and I 3 hours to wash all of her dishes and she didn't even have room in her cupboards to put them all because she had so many sets of pots, plates, cups, silverware etc from having gone out and buying new sets because she hated doing dishes. I swear she had no less than 8 settings of 4 of everything!!!!

The most I have let my dishes go is 3 days and that's only because I was really sick. I can't stand having a sink full of dirty dishes!

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't mind doing the laundry, we have a washing machine and dryer so that helps. At the mo the weathers nice so In would like to put the washing out but little kitty Al is desperate to get out I find it hard getting out the door and trying to stop him from legging it!!! I absolutely hate doing the dishes, i really do but I hate them being left too. It's better now though as little Alan joins me on the kitchen counter as he loves the bubbles and sits with me whilst I do it!!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really mind doing laundry, but I'm not fond of folding it and putting it away. It's just my boyfriend and I but I do 1-2 loads of clothes a day and most of it is his... he's always working on his cars and getting dirty and grease, oil, etc. don't come out all the way unless the clothes are put in the washer right away!