I'm nervous...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Do you have 2 boxes? He may need some time adjusting and some personal "Dr. Claw" things as well, place to curl up, get away time.....
He's got his own room!
I have a box, food bowls, toys, a bed, and soft music playing. I could kick myself for not getting Feliway, so when Petsmart opens I am off to pick some up.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

He's got his own room!
I have a box, food bowls, toys, a bed, and soft music playing. I could kick myself for not getting Feliway, so when Petsmart opens I am off to pick some up.
Now thats a lovin mom! It's just all new, he just needs time! It's easier to say then have happen, you don't know him so you can't tell if hes acting different. He doesn't know you so he just can't tell!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

Now thats a lovin mom! It's just all new, he just needs time! It's easier to say then have happen, you don't know him so you can't tell if hes acting different. He doesn't know you so he just can't tell!
Yeah... I know. Gosh you guys are making me feel so much better about this whole thing. Thank you so much.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Settling in Sonic and Radar has been very difficult, they spend very little time with each other and we are still sleeping (if you can call it that
) with Sonic. Hopefully it won't take that long for Dr Claw to settle in but vibes being sent in any case...
I hope the poor lads nervousness settles down soon

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Settling in Sonic and Radar has been very difficult, they spend very little time with each other and we are still sleeping (if you can call it that
) with Sonic. Hopefully it won't take that long for Dr Claw to settle in but vibes being sent in any case...
I hope the poor lads nervousness settles down soon
Thanks Nate... I think that DH is going to kill me. I keep going in the bedroom to check on him and I keep waking him up. He's going to be grumpy today.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks Nate... I think that DH is going to kill me. I keep going in the bedroom to check on him and I keep waking him up. He's going to be grumpy today.
Who, DH or Dr Claw?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Who, DH or Dr Claw?
Well... both really. I think if Dr Claw could manage it he'd kill me in my sleep. DH is going to be grumpy until I get off my duff and make some breakfast as a peace offering!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Dr. Claw came out and used his box!

Now we have to get him to eat. That will be solved when I get some tuna.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad he used the box!!! It's sad when they have an overgrooming problem, which is often caused by stress.... Hope the lil guy eats soon!!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you are such a good meowmy!!!!! congrats and i'm sure this little guy will be lappin' up the lovin' very soon.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm glad he used the box!!! It's sad when they have an overgrooming problem, which is often caused by stress.... Hope the lil guy eats soon!!
So do I... he's come out twice for some love and he purrs like a motor boat!

Originally Posted by Renovia

you are such a good meowmy!!!!! congrats and i'm sure this little guy will be lappin' up the lovin' very soon.
I hope so! He's a cute one... next time he comes out I'll try to snap some pics.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

I can't wait for pictures! I'm sure he's a doll!
He's really cute... but I don't want to scare him with the flash. We will see how the day goes.

Originally Posted by LSULOVER

I hope that Dr. Claw is doing well today
He's doing better than last night that's for sure.

Being a Tonk he's very social, so he will pop out of his hiding place for a few moments for some love, and then dash back under the chair.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

He's doing better than last night that's for sure.

Being a Tonk he's very social, so he will pop out of his hiding place for a few moments for some love, and then dash back under the chair.
See, he's been to the toilet, and comes out for love. You're fine!
This boy is obviously a stressed out little kitty given the overgrooming, so no matter how good you guys are to him, he's going to need time to settle down.

This is your very first post -

I just brought a new kitten home last night. He is now hiding, which I know is totally normal and not eating yet. I was wondering how long should I wait to try to tempt him to eat. I was thinking about bringing out some tuna and putting a little bit of that on his food. Is there a good timeframe for this kind of thing?
It's going to be the same long process. This is what happens when us suckers take the poor kitties with the sad stories!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

See, he's been to the toilet, and comes out for love. You're fine!
This boy is obviously a stressed out little kitty given the overgrooming, so no matter how good you guys are to him, he's going to need time to settle down.

This is your very first post -

It's going to be the same long process. This is what happens when us suckers take the poor kitties with the sad stories!
Thank you for putting that into perspective for me. That very first post was about Scratch who is now playing with a squeaking mouse.

It's going to take some time, but he'll be fine I know it.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh and what sort of litter does Dr Claw have? The same as his old house or the same as Bit and Scratch? You probably already know this, but apparently declawed cats often really don't like particular types of litter because it's too hard on their little paws. Have you seen him use the litter tray? If so, does he seem happy to use it, or does he look uncomfortable?

It might be worth keeping an eye on, or getting something soft like the newspaper based litter and having a tray of that as well and see if he prefers that?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Oh and what sort of litter does Dr Claw have? The same as his old house or the same as Bit and Scratch? You probably already know this, but apparently declawed cats often really don't like particular types of litter because it's too hard on their little paws. Have you seen him use the litter tray? If so, does he seem happy to use it, or does he look uncomfortable?

It might be worth keeping an eye on, or getting something soft like the newspaper based litter and having a tray of that as well and see if he prefers that?
I'm using the stuff we have on hand, and I did see him use it.

As for happy, I can't really tell. I think he just had to pee so bad that he would have gone on gravel if that would have been in there.

I'll keep and eye out for any issues. I have tons of litter options around here so switching shouldn't be an issue if I have to do it.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you for putting that into perspective for me. That very first post was about Scratch who is now playing with a squeaking mouse.

It's going to take some time, but he'll be fine I know it.
Just keep doing what you are doing, I am sure he wants you to love him, he is probably just scared right now.

I am still sending ya'll some hugs and prayers from Mississippi.