I'm moving!!! Yeah!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!
I am also looking forward to it and am now officially going through the motions.

Today I went through all sorts of paperpwork and either filed or shredded as appropriate, and also donated a bunch of clothing to the local Good Will.

Tomorrow I'm expecting a friend, so I'll be busy cleaning up after today's rummaging through all the stored stuff.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sammie5

I love that part of the city. Are you in the residential area to the east of the Park?

I lived in Mimico for my high school years, our house was right on the Lakeshore near Royal York. It was a great place to live as a teenager, we could take the TTC anywhere in the city. We moved from there to Burlington, and I HATED it. You had to drive to get anywhere, the transit system was terrible, and it was just miles and miles of houses that all looked the same to me.

If I didn't live right in the city, I'd prefer to be out in the rural area, where you have to drive to get places, but at least you have green space around you to compensate. Of course, in your new neighbourhood, you've got the green space at the end of the street.....
Yes, the new place is in that area, and my balcony overlooks the park.

I was looking at a small building in Mimico, right at Lakeshore and Royal York. The south view overlooks the lake, and the building is literally beside the lake without obstuctions. *sigh* I would have loved to move in but they have a waiting list and want more than I could afford to shell out. I'm determined to live by water someday though.

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RoseHawke

Hey! I just realized! I'm still a WASP! (But in my case it's White Anglo Saxon PAGAN, heh-heh.)
I knew somebody would call me on that.

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a cousin who has a condo on Lakeshore I think (I am not sure, it seems like a nice area and is a great place - he teaches at U of T - I usually only get to see him at the airport. And he comes to eat lunch with me or something while I have a layover. Tho I have to admit I loathe that airport - so impersonal or something. Not sure what it is.

Are you near there?

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CyberKitten

I have a cousin who has a condo on Lakeshore I think (I am not sure, it seems like a nice area and is a great place - he teaches at U of T - I usually only get to see him at the airport. And he comes to eat lunch with me or something while I have a layover. Tho I have to admit I loathe that airport - so impersonal or something. Not sure what it is.

Are you near there?
Lakeshore runs such a length of the city and includes 3 neighbourhoods I can think of that I'm not too sure where he is. There are a number of nice condos along the Lakeshore though, so I imagine he's got a pretty sweet deal.

High Park is a bit north and the neighbourhood is actually built around the park. My building will be directly across the street and my view is very nice. Can't say it's the best view in the city, but it meets my criteria, which is a view that doesn't face downtown and my office tower that sticks out like a sore thumb it's so tall
, and I will feel able to breathe by leaving a densely populated area of the city. I really am hoping it will help with my overall health.