I'm Married!!!! (Lots of Pictures)

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looked so gorgeous. I loved the cake and the carriage! How pretty your bridesmaids looked in pastels.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congatulations, Your wedding looked beautiful. Hope you will live happy ever after.
Anne

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Congratulations!!!!
What beautiful pictures. I really like the way you were able to blend both of your cultures into the attire. It looks like you had a gorgeous day!
Thanks everyone!!

We really liked how the barongs worked out for everyone. Chris looked so fabulous in his and unfortunately having his embroidery white on white it dosen't show how incredible his barong was. Its also a bit cooler than tuxes which everyone was happy about!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You were a beautiful bride
Wonderfu Pictures

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

Are you guys going on a honeymoon????
Yes but not right off. We are leaving for the Riviera Maya in Mexico on July 13th. We are staying at the Aventura Spa Palace resort. I'm excited and really need to go now! I'm so exhausted and could use a vacation.... But we will wait a while.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You look so beautiful!!! I love the way your dress bunches in little places.... I almost picked a dress like that, but ended up getting the one that gave me the giant butt, I mean bustle
in the back. And your bridesmaids dresses are SO pretty, again very similar to mine! But I love the different colors.... very elegant! Your MIL is gorgeous.... I hope she is as wonderful as she is pretty! You guys are going to have a BLAST in Mexico!!!!

Congratulations!!!! Best of Luck!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!

What a beautiful wedding, and what a beautiful brid you were! I like your bridesmaids dresses, too. I had almost exactly the same colors for my bridesmaids (I only had four, though, so we didn't have a blue one.)

Have a great time in Mexico!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

Yes but not right off. We are leaving for the Riviera Maya in Mexico on July 13th. We are staying at the Aventura Spa Palace resort. I'm excited and really need to go now! I'm so exhausted and could use a vacation.... But we will wait a while.
Awe congratz and I hope you have a lot of fun
and down time on your honeymoon.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks everyone!!

We really liked how the barongs worked out for everyone. Chris looked so fabulous in his and unfortunately having his embroidery white on white it dosen't show how incredible his barong was. Its also a bit cooler than tuxes which everyone was happy about!
Can you tell us more about the barongs and the cultural aspects to your wedding? I think the one your dh wore looked fabulous, as did the ones on the groomsmen and father of the groom!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure! The barongs are the traditional Philipino formalwear. His mother is Philipino and he was born in the Phillipines on an air base. They are handmade on a special banana fiber (pina or jusi, ours were jusi as it is a bit less expensive than pina). You can get them in Rayon but we wanted to go as traditional as we could afford. The fabric is see-through so you have to wear a long-sleeve (formal is long-sleeve, you can go a little less formal with a short sleeve undershirt, or go nice casual with a short sleeve barong with a short sleeve undershirt). The embroidery can be in different colors but its popular in white fabric with black embroidery. Chris will wear a short sleeve barong to weddings when he is attending as a guest. The collar comes in traditional or mandarin. Anyway it looked great on them! I think the attire is very handsome, whether the groomsman were Philipino or not.

This is where we ordered them and has info about Philipino traditions:
http://www.mybarong.com/

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beautiful. You all look so lovely and happy, all the best for the future. I hope you have a great honeymoon as well.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sure! The barongs are the traditional Philipino formalwear. His mother is Philipino and he was born in the Phillipines on an air base. They are handmade on a special banana fiber (pina or jusi, ours were jusi as it is a bit less expensive than pina). You can get them in Rayon but we wanted to go as traditional as we could afford. The fabric is see-through so you have to wear a long-sleeve (formal is long-sleeve, you can go a little less formal with a short sleeve undershirt, or go nice casual with a short sleeve barong with a short sleeve undershirt). The embroidery can be in different colors but its popular in white fabric with black embroidery. Chris will wear a short sleeve barong to weddings when he is attending as a guest. The collar comes in traditional or mandarin. Anyway it looked great on them! I think the attire is very handsome, whether the groomsman were Philipino or not.

This is where we ordered them and has info about Philipino traditions:
http://www.mybarong.com/
Very interesting. And yes, they definitely looked great! That is interesting that he will wear a barong as a wedding guest as well. Thanks for sharing!