Im losing my baby

superkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. You knew when it was the right time and let him go with dignity and comfort. RIP JoJo.

balsagoth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This same exact thing happened to my first cat. His kidneys were under-developed, and they eventually were failing. He was drinking a lot of water, and he eventually lost a lot of weight. The doctor gave him a shot to keep him alive for a little bit longer. We decided to let him die a natural death, because he was traumatized about shots. It was what's best for him... and what he wanted.

Terrible, terrible times. Just have faith that what you did was right. Sometimes you have guilt that you let him die, but I think that all cat lovers always have the right intentions on their cat. I'm sure he's in peace now.

gbriston

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. I had to put my cat to sleep on Nov 29th because of kidney failure. (I have two more cats). My cat, Miss Kitty, was also a hefty cat of 15 lbs. and she was down to 5 lbs. It was a hard thing to do, but I didn't want her to suffer. Good luck to you. Letting go of your cat is also loving them and knowing when to let go so they don't suffer.

fluffy'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry
I've never dealt with this and i dread the day when i do...

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace, JoJo, free and happy over the Bridge.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
RIP Jojo. Tough as it is, you did the right thing. Now please be gentle with yourself. That wonderful pal of yours wouldn't want you being miserable over him -- he knows you miss him, and he's waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Take as long as you need to grieve and when you feel you're ready, write a tribute to JoJo.