I'm in tears cannot find 1 cat

CatOwner Triplets

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my triplets (male) has gone missing.
I live in the country with a country lane next door that brings you to a host of fields etc

My cats never stay out late and they've never been out when it's dark, the male cat particularly is brilliant at coming back when called but something has happened and he's been missing for a few hours and I'm distressed.

I went up the country lane calling out my babies name numerous times and nothing, it's just so unlike him.

I'm really worried.

Any advice?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm thrilled that he is home safe. And, neutered or not, he still has a tom cat soul, and may have just been exploring. But the main thing is, he's home safe, now, and happy!

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any way he can become an indoor only cat?
I second this.

I do understand that some people are in situations where their cats have to be indoor/outdoor, for various reasons depending on the owner's circumstances. But if you are letting your cat outside, the simple fact of the matter is that things like this can happen.

It's just an inherent risk you are taking by letting your cat outside. I don't mean that in a judgmental way whatsoever, but it's definitely something you should think about if you are getting this worried about a disruption in your cat's routine (as would I!).

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This happens with indoor/outdoor cats. They are having fun, napping, sheltering from the weather or hiding from something and suddenly they are out overnight for the first time and your freaking out. Been there. Goes with the territory. "Always comes back in a few hours or when I call" is one of those phrases that really needs a "so far" in there somewhere, because its a behavior that can change. I found it especially became a thing with good weather.