I'm hoping for some vibes

aimerlee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Surgery went well im in the hospital for the night. We are working on pain control right now but im feeling well otherwise, thank you for your
I just got my gallbladder out a few months ago, and recovering from surgery wasn't too bad. I was really fatigued for a week or two and my stomach muscles were super sore for a few days, but other than that it was okay. I wasn't able to take painkillers though, so I'm sure you'll have a much better experience than me! Let me know if you have any questions because I know exactly what you're going through!
Also, I don't mean to scare you, but I'm still dealing with Post-cholecystectomy syndrome. It's been taking me a long time to get used to digesting food and I still have a lot of trouble (tons of nausea). If you're still having trouble a month or so after surgery, DO NOT let doctors ignore you. A lot of doctors don't even believe in PCS, but my sister and I both had it after we got ours out. I think it's somewhat rare, and I've talked to many others who haven't had any issues and feel 100% better within a few weeks! I'm sure you'll recover just fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AimerLee

I just got my gallbladder out a few months ago, and recovering from surgery wasn't too bad. I was really fatigued for a week or two and my stomach muscles were super sore for a few days, but other than that it was okay. I wasn't able to take painkillers though, so I'm sure you'll have a much better experience than me! Let me know if you have any questions because I know exactly what you're going through!
Also, I don't mean to scare you, but I'm still dealing with Post-cholecystectomy syndrome. It's been taking me a long time to get used to digesting food and I still have a lot of trouble (tons of nausea). If you're still having trouble a month or so after surgery, DO NOT let doctors ignore you. A lot of doctors don't even believe in PCS, but my sister and I both had it after we got ours out. I think it's somewhat rare, and I've talked to many others who haven't had any issues and feel 100% better within a few weeks! I'm sure you'll recover just fine.
Thanks for the info, I was actually warned about this by the gallbaladder specalist I saw. I'm on a low fat diet for the next month. So hopefully that helps!

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm resting well, right now my family is with me and I'm really enjoying spending time with my sweet little girl, mom and husband. Pain is well controlled and I did LOTS of laps around the maternity ward (thats where they put me) it felt SOOOOO good to get up and walk around :-D

No clue how I will entertain myself when I get home.... still don't have power and we are running the generator for the fridge and a few lights, should be interesting!

Thank you all for your continued healing vibes, they are working great!
Glad the surgery went well. Hope you feel better soon. At least they put you on the maternity ward, where you can see the newborns. When I had my gall bladder removed, they put me on the Geriatric floor
I was only 19!!!!!

aimerlee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the info, I was actually warned about this by the gallbaladder specalist I saw. I'm on a low fat diet for the next month. So hopefully that helps!
Lucky! My doctor said I could eat anything I wanted after a couple weeks... obviously, that didn't work out. If my sister hadn't gone through the same situation as me a year earlier, I probably would have lost my mind. I had a pretty extreme case, though. I could't eat anything except for crackers and Ensure for about a month, and 3 months after that weren't much better. I still can't eat really greasy foods, but that's not really a bad thing!
I don't even crave them. Unfortunately my sweet tooth came back pretty fast, and I've gained 15 of the 30 pounds I lost from being sick back!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by My4LLMA

Glad the surgery went well. Hope you feel better soon. At least they put you on the maternity ward, where you can see the newborns. When I had my gall bladder removed, they put me on the Geriatric floor
I was only 19!!!!!
There arent a lot of babies
2 i the "special care nursary" that u cant see into, and then 2 others, that thus far, have been with their moms (right where they should be) its probally better... it would just make me miss my little girl even more, its my first night away from her since she came home from the NICU

Originally Posted by AimerLee

Lucky! My doctor said I could eat anything I wanted after a couple weeks... obviously, that didn't work out. If my sister hadn't gone through the same situation as me a year earlier, I probably would have lost my mind. I had a pretty extreme case, though. I could't eat anything except for crackers and Ensure for about a month, and 3 months after that weren't much better. I still can't eat really greasy foods, but that's not really a bad thing!
I don't even crave them. Unfortunately my sweet tooth came back pretty fast, and I've gained 15 of the 30 pounds I lost from being sick back!
I could stand losing some weight because of this! Sorry yours came back though. I'm also on WW so that should help me with being good and low fat after surgery