I'm going to scream if....

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

People suck sometimes and they should mind their own damn business. Who really cares when you get married, it is not affecting anyone else but you. Tell them to fly a kite
I agree with Natalie!

I'm not married, but I don't think anyone has the right to tell you when your ready. Its your life, you know when your ready, nobody else knows that but you!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

You are well educated , well spoken and quite mature in my humble opinion... You have been with Ian for awhile and if you feel ready for marriage GO FOR IT....

Me I doubt I will ever be married ...lol...

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was 16 and my ex was 22, the first time I got married. That WAS too young. During our 3-year marriage, I grew up and he didn't. Been divorced for almost 30 years and from what I hear, he STILL hasn't grown up

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was 24 and he was 26. What I'm about to say doesn't mean I love my husband less, but I feel I rushed into getting married. I think it would have been better if we would have waited another year or two, and gotten on our feet. Yet, when you love someone nothing can really hold you back from wanting to marry that person. Go for it!

soka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
People think I'm too young to be getting married. I will be 20 and my fiance will be 18. We are planning on getting married in 2007. Her parents don't know and neither do mine, but they'll know by the time we get married. My family will hate the marriage because they hate my fiance, and her parents will not be happy because she is too young. No matter what they say, we are getting married anyway. We've been together for 3 years and engaged for a year. When we get married we'll have been engaged for 2 years.

The way I see it, its all up to you. You can't let others tell you whats best for you. Sometimes, only you know. My fiance and I know we want to spend the rest of our lives together. If years down the road, it doesn't work out, then it doesn't work out. We get over it and grow up a little bit more. But after all my fiance and I have been through, I think we will spend many many years together. I'm getting married at the age of 20 and my fiance will be 18 and a half. I can't say things won't be difficult and that we'll have to make many sacrifices, but I do know that we are willing to work through all of that to be together.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope noone hates me for this but........

My first marriage I was only 19,, almost 20 when I got married..It lasted about 6 years, and we just grew apart. I thought I loved him,, but he had alot of growing to do too...

My second marriage,, we meet when I was 27,, and we have one child, and have been together for 5 years....
I love my husband very very much... So I'm glad my first marriae didn't work.. But if I could do it over again.. I would had never gotten married so young... I'm still paying for the repercussions...

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got married at 23, and plenty of people had their opinions...that's just how people are when the word Married gets into the conversation. You're so young, you really want those bridesmaid dresses, I would have wanted a different train, you really like those flowers, the cake is so simple, the cake is too ornate...and the list goes on. Complete strangers all the sudden feel like they can (and should) impart words of "wisdom" to you regardless of whether you asked for it. I don't think I will ever experience that kind of intimacy of strangers until I am pregnant (and everyone wants to touch my belly) which is going to be a long time from now!

The people that knew my now husband and I were supportive and happy for us. The only thing I ever got was the "well I want to wait until my bf proves himself and we both are financially independant." Which I respect, I just didn't have any desire to do it alone when I had the choice to make it with my husband. Just my opinion.

The only rude experience I have had was after we got married...I was at a hair dresser's and she said to me (with a very rude tone), "You are so young, why on earth would you get married?" I smiled, told her that sometimes in life you just know the decisions you are making are the right decisions for you, and I have never been back there.

Just do what you know in your gut is right for you.